Chapter 8

My date with Jared the previous night had gone so perfectly, that I hadn't had a single thought of AJ all day. I also struggled to focus on my daily activities because I was so lost in daydreaming about that kiss.

After lunch I had to go out and pick up some supplies for a job. Arriving at my third stop of the day, I slammed the car door shut and pulled my phone from my purse to see a message from Jared. He was asking that I come by for dinner and mentioned that I bring my bathing suit. God, just the thought of going near that pool stirred up memories of Shannon pressing his sexy, wet body against mine.

I felt sick admitting to myself how much I enjoyed that little kiss, but vowed I'd never admit the strong attraction between us to another soul, especially to Sara. My concern was that Jared would catch on and want nothing more to do with me. I wanted to be with Jared, not Shannon, so why couldn't I stop thinking about his sexy older brother?

I wore my new hot pink bikini underneath my jean shorts and old, tattered U2 shirt, just in case I did decide to swim. I could hear the ringing of my phone from the living room as I raced around the apartment, looking for my favorite pair of shoes.

I didn't bother to try and answer it because it would probably end up going to voicemail before I made it out of the bedroom. Eventually, I found my shoes under the bed and slipped them on. Grabbing my bag and towel, I listened to Sara's message as I walked to my car. She was coming over after work tomorrow with the kids and I couldn't wait to tell her that I was seeing Jared.

It took me fifteen minutes to get to Jared's, and when I arrived, I slipped right through the unlocked gate. I was in a great mood, but wasn't expecting Shannon to greet me at the door. "We meet again." His eyes scanned my body and he granted me that classic smirk of his. "Nice shirt, looks like you planning to let my brother get you wet this time."

Right away, my mouth went dry and I was in the exact position I didn't want to be in. I mean, how do you reply to a comment like that? Thankfully, Jared was there to rescue me. "Shannon, let her in." Shannon narrowed his eyes and stepped to the side, allowing me enough room to come inside. "I'm so glad you showed up! I was starting to worry." Jared leaned in to kiss my cheek and take the towel from my hand. "I hope you're hungry." He stated with a big grin, pulling me into the kitchen with him. He had been cooking, obviously, by the sight of dirty dishes that filled the sink. "I don't do this for just anyone, so you should feel special." He gave me a playful wink.

I was quick to find out that Jared's promise of it being just the two of us was for last night only. The three of made our way out to the pool to eat the meal Jared had prepared. We carried on a casual chat about where they would be playing a few upcoming shows. Shannon was mostly quiet while he ate, nodding or uttering only a few words when Jared asked him a question. It wasn't at all like him. Where did that cocky bastard who answered the door go?

When we all finished, Jared took the dishes inside and I could have died when he left me outside with Shannon. Nervously, I stared at the pool, unsure of what to say. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry about the way I acted with you the other day, if I offended you. I was only half serious and I hope we can still be friends." He spoke softly, but it was the 'only half serious' part that bothered me.

"Sure Shannon, we can be friends."

"God, I love it when you say my name. So, gorgeous, you ready to swim?" He stood and pulled his shirt off, tossing it along the back of the chair. His exposed chest and brawny arms were certainly eye candy for me.

"I suppose I'll wait for Jared."

"I'm right here." I didn't even hear Jared come back out until he was standing right behind me. I could feel my leg starting to shake as I stood between them. "You did bring your suit, right?"

"Yes." I glared at him as he spun me around to face him. His hands were wrapped around my waist and mine locked around his neck, pulling him down slightly. I couldn't keep my eyes off of those baby blues, and it was magic, the way his lips connected with mine, but before things grew anymore heated, I pulled away. It was uncomfortable as hell with Shannon watching us. Jared sensed my uneasiness and took me by the hand, leading me to the pool. I sat along the edge of the pool with my legs in the water, watching the two of them. Everything went crazy when they started splashing and Jared finally pulled me in.