2.UNEXPLAINABLE

DEVON
The sound of the buzzing my 7:00am alarm pulled me out from the great peaceful realm and comfort of sleep.

For the first time in a long time I had had a dream a pretty weird one if you asked me.

I got up from my bed but my body felt unusually weak.Lifting my legs from the ground was like lifting a hundred bricks that weighed tonnes.

I felt sores around my neck and I had a weird bitter taste inside my mouth.

I took a glance at the mirror through the open bathroom door and the bruises around my neck seemed worse than any
bully had ever given me and for some reason they seemed beautiful to me and

I could not stop tracing my fingers around them and examining them through the mirror .

How had I obtained these huge scars?

I had to wear a turtle neck to school to avoid answering questions I had no right  answers to.

**********************************
I carried my backpack inserted my new air pods [courtesy of my ex friend James at summer camp] into my ears to block out the world around me because what surrounded me was old and recycled.

I could predict everything that was going to happen in my day.

Fail my pop quiz , get bullied by a bunch of bored jocks ,go to Amy's grandma's dinner meet a new person I will never see again , draw a couple of sketches and fall fast asleep and the cycle continued.

I always asked myself the same question. Was it worth it ? My life was one pile of boring ,painful garbage.

The first thing that was unexpected in my day was Amy jerking the air pods from my ears.

"Would you mind if we walk to school together." She asked as she smiled putting a lock of her wavy hair behind her ear.

Of course I mind. Walking to school is my alone time just me and my music .

"No I don't mind." I said giving her a weak smile.

Without any warning Amy placed her palms into mine,They fit perfectly.

"You really need to stop doing these unpredictable actions girl." I thought

She held my hand tighter and I could literally feel the happiness radiating off her, it was warmer than her palm it was really genuine.

How could someone really be that happy that I existed?

I wanted it to stop, I didn't want to keep acting .I didn't want her genuine smile to built on the false hope that I gave .

If I let it go on I would be worse than the most cruel villains in history Adolf Hitler, Cain and all the other infamous murders.

"So what are we?'' she asked in a soft tone as she tightly held onto her pale pink hand bag that perfectly matched with her cream floral dress" Are we official or causal?"

I could not take it anymore I was going to tell her the truth even if it would crush her down like lawnmower and shred her into pieces.

"Amy I don't-" I was cut off by a speedy red convertible car parking right in front of us with a personalised plate number State 007.

It was James State he was dressed up in a navy blue designer suit. He had his long dark hair neatly tied up in a ponytail [he kinda rocked it.]and he wore dark shades making him look like a character from a spy movie.