22.HUMANITY LOST

Devon
I sat by the desk in my room staring at my phone for hours,waiting for Timothy to reply to one of my twenty texts but he never did.
I was worried about him but I respected his request to leave him alone, I knew he needed his space and time to recover from his Dad's torture. He was really traumatized when his father walked in on us, I had never seen him so afraid. It reminded me of how he was in the after life. Had I brought him back to experience torture equally as painful, I wondered.

I was pulled out of my state of deep thought by the sound my bedroom door falling to the floor and there Amy was with James by her side holding her hand and I could tell they had finally realised they were meant for each other, "good for them" I thought as I slacked in my misery.

"You going to have to pay to fix that door, you know that, right?" I said as I stood up from my chair and approached her."What's going on?"

"We need your help like right now." Amy said with the look of worry all over her face.

"I thought you hated me after our little incident, why would you want help from an enemy?" I asked as I drew closer to her but James came in between us.

"You owe her a great deal timothy is back thanks her." James looked at me with intimidating eyes but I was left unfazed because I knew he was as soft as a gummy bear.

"Interesting factoid, it was mostly thanks to me. I'm the one who signed a contract with the angel of death, not her."

"You did, what ?" James and Amy said in unison with their jaws dropped to the floor.

"I did what I had to do." I added "It was the only way I could get Timothy back, and now he won't talk to me."

Amy approached with an evil smile on her face. "Does it sting, putting in all your effort for someone and not receiving nearly half the amount of effort from them?"

"Amy-" She rudely cut me off.

"I have spent the last to months helping your ass even if I didn't have to ,and you were willing to kill me off just like that, you didn't even apologize." She laughed on finishing her sentence.

"Amy, am sorry I wasn't myself."

"Yes, you were. Its to late for apologizes." She said firmly. "What you can do is bring that monstrous side of you with us to Boston."

"What's so urgent that it can't wait till morning?" I asked.

"Mr. Glimmore has been holding my mother captive for ten years now." Amy said trying to hold in the tears."I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pain she has been going through. "

"Does your Grandmother know about this?" I asked.

"No I tried to reach her but her phones are off , she's in South Africa right now with Cassie that's why I need all the help I can get."

"Are you with us?" James asked.

"A hundred percent, I have to prove my friendship to you Amy, am sorry I'm made it seem one sided." I put on my jacket and asked"How did you find this out?"

"From Stephanie, remember Mr. Glimmore took her to help her deliver, she found out that he wants to sacrifice the baby after it is born."

"I won't let that happen to my child." I said activating my inner dad" Let's go save your mother and my ex."

                          ***