20.THE CONTRACT

DEVON
I couldn't stop reading Timothy's journal, it was really revealing. It was like I had got a second chance to get to know him more on a personal level. His journal was filled with letters addressed to the artist and dark poems exploring themes of death, sadness and his morphine addiction.

I felt like we were getting closer and closer with every page I turned and for a second I would forget that he was gone and I was probably never going to see his beautiful green hazel eyes again. The way he expressed himself with words was simply beautiful. I wished that I could tell him how much his work impressed me and how much I missed seeing him in general.

Timothy entry 189
I still feel your lips pressed against mine, I still feel the tight grip of your hands at the back of my neck as your finger tips brush through my hair and when ever I think about it I feel pleasant chills flowing down my spine. What I have been craving for two years finally came to pass but I can't help but think it didn't mean anything to you and you were just being kind or turning your frustrations about your father's state into passion. Do you like me at all? I wouldn't hold it against you if you don't because I can never forgive myself too for the way I treated you. I wasted so much time hurting you instead of getting close to you. One thing I have learnt from our brief friendship my artist is that I'm in love with you. I'm really in love with but I may never get a chance to tell you. I don't want to scare you off.
***

I closed the journal after reading his last entry and it left me shook He was in love with me and he never got the chance to tell me. I started to look back at all the good moments Timothy and I shared from the time at the tree to the candle lighting ceremony to our first kiss in the chapel and our second kiss in the hospital. My eyes started to flood with tears and my sight grew blurry I did not think I was going to move on.
***
The door of my room swung open in the middle of the night and my insides suddenly felt cold even though I was beneath the warm covers of my bed . I opened my eyes and they landed on the figure of a woman entering the room barely making a sound with her shoes and it seemed like she was floating slightly above the floor , like she didn't want to wake me. I saw her approach my desk and place a rolled paper tied with a ribbon.

Before she could make her way out of the room, I gathered all my courage and jumped out of my bed although I knew something was dark and scary about her presence.

''Wha-t are you doing here?'' I asked hesitantly as I slowly approached her.

"Devon Jackson, I didn't mean to wake you but since you are on your feet let's have a talk."She snapped her fingers and the lights of the room came on exposing her self, she was heavenly beautiful she wore a red rob and she had long curly brown hair , fair white icy skin brown eyes and cherry red lips.

" What are you?"I asked amazed by how unnaturally flawless she looked , she kinda made me feel the way Cassie did when she had just come to town.

"I'm Malik, The infamous angel of death." She smirked as she traced her fingers on my face then down to my bare chest. "Your gorgeous, for a human."

"Tha-nk you." I strummed as she brought her lips closer to mine but before they could lock she took a step back.

"You can't help yourself, can you?" She laughed and it sounded like a beautiful symphony in my head.

"Why are you here if you don't mind me asking?"

"So we are just going straight to business are we?" She asked as she licked her lips seductively.

"As tempting as your offer is, it doesn't feel right." I said resisting the urge to grab her and press my body against hers.

"Your loss" she said as she reached out her hand for the desk and the rolled paper in a knotted red ribbon flew right into her hands. "I am here to make a deal with you earthling."