25.THE HEAVENLY COURT

Abel
Devon was really my key to heaven, at a point I thought I was on a wild goose chase but my theory was true. Trying to help him and his friends got my curse lifted by the Angels in the heavenly court.

The angels Michael, Gabriel and Lexus who lead the angels council didn't agree with the curse the angel of death placed on both me and Cain from the time it was cast because they believed I was not the one in the wrong and Cain destroyed the city of Terom by channeling my energy but not with my help which were two different things.

So they placed Devon into the womb of his mother to be my soulmate to prove to the rest of the angels I had a good heart if I tried to help him and I deserved to be pardoned and if I felt threatened by the vulnerable feeling I got around him and tried to hurt him I was just as guilty as Cain was.

So when Cain killed me, it was not dark like it always was but this time round, it was bright and colourful, I was in heaven. I had finally found my way to heaven but I was still unsettled knowing Cain was still on earth probably torturing Devon and his friends and I had begged the court to go back to earth and help them but they declined my offer.

Till they finally learnt that their perfect lab rat baby, Devon, had been corrupted by angel of death.

So they sent me back to earth to bring him to heaven to be purified.

They said something about Devon being the hope of the world when the gates of hell finally opened unleashing Lucifer and his army of demons and monsters but he had to get his humanity back if earth was going to stand a chance against the war to come.

It didn't make sense then.

Michael, Gabriel and Lexus drowned Devon in the pool in the heavenly court that was filled with baby tears for his purification but before they could start the ceremony, the angel of death, Malik who the court had hidden me from rushed into the heavenly court filled with rage.

"Unbelievable, you guys lifted my curse off Abel and you took my right hand man."She shouted and she stamped her foot on the marble floor in anger and a minor crack was formed.

" Malik, come down it was the right thing to do."Gabriel said calmly.

"No it wasn't, the Boss put the stamp of approval on my immortality curse on Cain and Abel, you had no right to lift it, I was supposed to lift it when they complied with my terms."

"Well, you know that would be impossible because Cain has the heart even darker than Lucifer's and he would never live in Harmony with a good soul like Abel." Lexus brought her argument to the table.

"This is unfair, you guys and the rest of the heavenly court are against me just like you were to Lucifer. Yet am not half the monster as he was."

"Malik I think you need to take a break from your duties for awhile and recollect yourself." Michael said bluntly.

"You guys have always thought I was a liability, don't think I don't know that you three petitioned to the boss for a weapon that had the power to kill me other than the creator himself to be planted on earth in case I went rouge like my twin brother, Lucifer." She cried"You think am like him don't you? , Now am going to give you a reason to base you theories on, am going to kill the whole city of Cloakwood, and make Cain help me with the spell then kill him, because that's what I do, right? I'm the angel of death am evil. "She smiled and waved us goodbye as she teleported out of the heavenly court.

" Aren't you guys going to stop her?"I asked the three of them

"No, its not our battle to fight, but it is his, him and His friend have to stop Malik from destroying there whole city."

"What's so special about Cloakwood anyway?" I asked the question that was always on my mind.

"It was where the garden of eden was located." Michael said as he placed his sword in the pool of tears that had Devon's body at the bottom and it dimly lit with a golden light."It's not story time, we have to rid him of all impurities and send him to fight his battle."

Gabriel placed his scroll into the pool and both the sword and the scroll lit brighter than before and when Lexus placed a strand of hair in the pool the light that was given off was so bright that it was blinding and I could see a dark smoke leave Devon's body and did integrating once it did.

When Devon was completely purified and back to being an ordinary human, I was sent by the angel to take him back to earth and when he got up I told him of Malik's plan.

"What can I do to stop it, I no longer have my unquenchable thirst." Devon frowned"I'm weak and maybe that's what's best for everyone. "

"You are not weak, you are the strongest and one of the bravest humans I got to know on earth." I told him as I handed him a golden sword from the heavenly armoury to help him in battle. "It has a mind of it's own, you don't have to know how to use it. You just have to have the courage to weld it."

He took the sword and started to tear up"I'm I going to see you again, you are like the only person who doesn't hate me by now."

"That's not true, your friends know you weren't really yourself they will forgive you if you prove to them that you are not that person that wanted to kill them but a person that cares and wants to be there for them." I pulled Devon into a hug and I felt the electric sensation again.

"Did you feel it?" Devon asked.

"I told you we were meant to save each other, thanks to you am in heaven." I said

"And thanks to you, am not heartless anymore and I have this cool sword." Devon laughed.

"You make it seem like I didn't do anything at all." I laughed nervously.

"Yes, you did something, because of you my life obtained more meaning, became more magical and my suicidal thoughts vanished, you save my life and I will keep you in my heart till I meet you again." Devon said as he hugged me once more.

"Till we meet again." I ecohed his words.