9.LOSE CONTROL

AMY
For three days straight grandmother had not said a word to me, not even a good morning or even dare to shout at me for being clumsy with the jar.

I just wanted her to yell at me but she never did, Nona had never been mad at me that much.
I had messed up big time and I understood where her rage was coming from, if I were in her shoes I would have been mad at me too.

So all I did was stay in my room locked up watching Netflix as I ate bags of expired chips and slept lifelessly on my bed.

I didn't have the urge to do anything at all not even brush my hair or even work on a school project.

After I lost the Zulu jar I could not forgive myself because deep down I knew if someone died or got hurt by Cain it would somehow be my fault.

How could I live with the guilt?

I heard a loud knock on the door , jerking me straight from the arms of Morpheus, it was Granny, she wore a rather serious face as she held a golden tray firmly in her hands.

The tray had two candles, a syringe filled with a green liquid almost the colour of apples tinted with pale blue and two identical golden bracelets.

"What's that for?" I asked and my heart paced faster than usual as I gripped tight to my sheets afraid that she was going to punish me in some kind of witch way.

She snapped her finger and the two candles were lit. She glanced back at me giving me a weak smile and I could see through her eyes she was worried as she held the syringe in her hand.

"It's your first founders day since you activated your witch power." She pause as she grabbed my left arm and swiftly inserted the liquid in me before I could take off.

Surprisingly it didn't hurt, it was like a soft kiss gracing my skin or a feather caressing my arm.

"Your magic is going to be out of control and many people could get hurt."

She circled her hand above the tray and the two  bracelets floated in the air ,she chanted a few words and she snapped her fingers again and the flames went out and the two bracelets were on both of my arms.

I shouted on top off my lungs as I felt them burn through my skin. It felt like they were sinking in my skin. It hurt so bad.

"Nona why are you doing this, am sorry about the Zulu jar just make it stop."
I said as I tried to  break free from the bracelets but my magic had been terminated.

"The pain is a necessary evil, the ancestors roam around every founders day and all the witches are at the apex of their power, since you are a rookie,you are highly dangerous to yourself and others." Grandmother said as she helped herself out of the room leaving me screaming in agony.

***********************************
DEVON
It was founders day on a Friday, I had been blessed by a longer weekend and Abel , Stephanie and I met up at the dinner to talk about helping, Amy since we last saw her she was in a bad state.

"We need to be there for her, founders day in this town is really tough for newbie witches, and it does not help that she is an emotionally unstable one." Abel said.

"We got you to thank Dee, your such an asshole." Stephanie laughed.

"Seriously , Steph, I still care about her but not in the way she desires." I said trying not to get triggered.