26.THE FINAL BATTLE

James
It was a miracle that both Stephanie and her unborn child were safe and in a stable condition the doctor who worked on Stephanie said that such deep cuts normally killed the baby but Steph's was a rare chase which proved that God existed.

I was worried about Amy, I had not received a call from her and it was already 2:00am , I couldn't help but think that they didn't succeed and Amy and her mother were dead.

I left Stephanie's side temporarily to go to the chapel to say a short prayer with hope that God would listen and protect both Amy and Andrea.

In the middle of the prayer, I was interrupted by a hand on shoulder and I felt a weird cold sensation flow through me and my fangs involuntarily came out and on opening my eyes, they landed on her, the angel of death, I don't know how I knew she was the angel of death but I did.

"Your the angel of death."I said filled with fear and panic, I didn't know if I was supposed to run or bite her. I was conflicted.

" And your the only thing that can kill me."She said with scary and haunting frown on her face and in that moment I chose to run but Cain blocked the entrance of the chapel with a huge cigarette in his mouth that looked like the ones Martin's always had.

"It's a shame we have to kill you James, I really wanted to get to know every inch of your body." Cain said as he drew closer to me.

"Even if you were the last person on earth, I would never." I said firmly as I swiftly kicked him were it hurts and took off as he screamed in agony but I knew I couldn't not out run him forever.

Devon
I ran as fast as I could without my vamp-speed towards the Shakka house to inform Amy about the Angel of death's plan but I found Cassie and Granny Shakka who had just returned from their trip.

"Devon what's wrong, your panting like you were just running for your life?" Cassie asked as she handed me a bottle of water and tanked the whole of it in seconds.

"Because, I am.''

" You have to be more specific boy."Granny Shakka added.

"It's happening anytime soon, the angel of death and Cain are about to destroy the whole town." I said as I gasped for air."How do we stop them?"

Granny Shakka grabbed a book from the study that had information in how to destroy a town.

"We are trying to save town not destroy it." Cassie said.

"Yes we are, It says in here that the spell has to be carried out in the geographical center of the town which is somewhere in the woods." Granny Shakka paused for a second."Fuck."

I had never heard Granny Shakka or anyone in her age bracket curse but whenever they did, it meant something really bad had happened

"What's the problem?" Cassie asked

"The angel of death has just put an invisible dome around the whole town, no one can leave." Granny Shakka panicked as she paced around the room researching about the Angel of death from book to book looking for something called the prophesy of the skull.

"I have found it, Devon you need to find James and Cassie and I will go to the center of the town in the woods and you two will find us there." Granny Shakka said as she drunk a whole jug filled with herbs to probably give her strength.

"Why James?" I asked

''His fangs can kill the angel of death.'' Cassie said filled with hope as she read the prophesy. "Maybe Cain and I could have a one on one afterwards."