Leanne 8.0

"Brat, you came back too fast. Did the garden shrink and kick you out?" Asked my grandpa while raising his brow and crossing his arms.

"Nice to see you too, grandpa," I said as I got into the family car and bid my goodbyes to my fiancee's family.

"Lea, did you and Dylan get along?" Asked my mom with concern on her voice.

"We did. However, why were you guys smiling so happily when you were talking to his family. I thought you were against this marriage and were gonna opposed to grandpa's wishes and protect my innocence," I said.

'Tch, what innocence?' said Liam.

"Darling, you have to admit that he's quite charming," said my mom.

"You mean handsome?" I asked while shifting my gaze towards my dad and my mom.

"He IS quite handsome, Leanne. I mean can you imagine how adorable our future grandchildren will be?" said dad in a playful calculative voice while looking at my mom.

"I know, I can't wait to have that cold face calling me 'mom,'" said my mother while putting her palms on her cheeks.

"Grandfather," I said seeking help.

"Every month both families can get together and talk," said grandpa with his hand on his chin, looking like he was contemplating.

"Oh my God," I said.

Why is my family so quick to sell me away? It's only the older generation that gets along not the young one.

'Host, are you gonna keep in touch with the male lead?' asked Liam.

'Of course not. How am I supposed to make the female lead suffer if she's not in love with the male lead? I need them to get interested in each other and then I appear, taking the male lead right under her eyes,' I said trying to explain Liam my plan.

'Are you sure? If the male lead gets interested in the female lead, he will become possessive and interested in only her. Since that's the usual mentality of the ML's in online novels,' said Liam trying to get me to change my mind.

'Are you a fool? Why do you think I came to this party and asked Kate to investigate him? He already knows that I send someone to investigate him and due to tonight's events, we can already infer that he is interested in me. I mean, I'm fourteen years old yet, I'm sophomore in high school with perfect grades, beauty, and elegance and on top of that I have resources. I just need to keep living my life like he doesn't exist and excel at everything I do to catch his attention,' I said.

'I understand. I'm usually the type to attack and leave. Rather, than stay and have fun. However, now I can start giving the supervisors a general description of your character,' said Liam.

'Ohhh, you don't mind mentioning your bosses in front of me?' I asked while contemplating.

'Why would I?' Asked Liam.

'Well in the majority of the system novels I read, systems are always trying to hide things from their hosts,' I explained.

'Host, please don't be stupid. I'm a system and I need your soul to survive since I am part of it. If someday I conceal something from you that causes your death, I'm gonna die too. So is best to just be honest with each other due to the fact that there are millions of dangers in the universe and at the end is just you and me,' said Liam in a serious voice.

'I understand,' I said seriously.

'Good, because you need to do well in this world. Although this world is simply testing your character, if you do well, in the end, you will be rewarded with objects, techniques, or attributes. That are gonna help you in your next world, so have fun but, take it seriously,' said Liam.

Which sounded like a dad talking to his son about sex: Remember always use protection, but have fun and enjoy.

'Host, our souls are connected, which means that I can your thoughts, no matter how disgusting they are. So, please try to refrain yourself,' said Liam with disgust in his voice.

'I'm sorry,' I said with shame burning inside me.

'It's okay. This is what I get for picking a woman who hasn't gotten laid in years,' said Liam with regret in his voice.

'Excuse you, I was practicing abstinence,' I said extremely offended.

'keep fooling yourself like that,' he insinuated.

'I swear, that if you get a body I will personally kill it,' I said through gritted teeth.

----------------------------------------------

Author: Sorry for the short and late update. I've been busy with school and after-school programs. I'll try to be more consistent with the updates but, I'm not promising anything (Don't hate me <3).

Love, 

 Lilac