Sang Yunxie 1.12

Three years later:

These few years were honestly very hard for me. I decided to follow the precedent of previous transmigrated female leads. Which it's a little embarrassing to admit but, if I wanted to make a change like I told my mom. That was the only option.

I decided to improve the every day lives of normal citizens by building pipes that could improve the distribution of water in the kingdom. This might sound like a walk in the park. However, I would like to see anyone try to get an idea approve by a group of hyenas that are trying to destroy you 24/7.

Not to mention that I had to stay up for hours creating designs for the project and finding the strongest and cheapest materials.

I also decided to "invent" a few small things to make my everyday life easier. Things like a printing press, so that we could handle information better and everything was properly documented.

I also decided to create small clinics which weren't really small. Due to the time period proper doctors were scarce. So poor citizens had to rely on charlatans or uneducated individuals to treat them.

Thanks to me a numerous amount of clinics were created not only in the capital but throughout the lands that the Ml conquered. This improved his image and mine.

People thought that by being under his control they would get the best things in life. Many small kingdoms actually willingly surrendered because of this.

While they thought of me as a goddess who cared about all of them equally.

Which was stupid since they were actually charged for the medicine that the clinics provided. It was a fair amount depending on the individual but all citizens were charged.

This might sound cruel since everyone deserves equal medical care. However, things cost money. I couldn't just "invent" things and not get rewarded for it. I'm a business woman. I love profit and I love money. So sue me for being smart. At least they were still being treated.

Like that I spend my first three years in ancient china. Working like a slave for a man to notice me.

My life is sad.

Well at least my fame grew. At first many citizens were indignant by having a woman in court. But, when I started showing off how smart I was, they opened their hearts for me. Not to mention that, I also got the respect of other court officials.

The empress dowager also got more infatuated with me. At first she treated me like a female replacement for her son. But now she treated me like an actual daughter.

Even though, she's very manipulative she's got her reasons for being the way she is. Being a woman is hard. Especially when you are trying to give your son a better live.

Despite all of these things being in ancient China isn't that bad. The air's fresh, time goes by at a slower rate, and the people respect you. For things that you "invented."

Not to mention, that you were destined to have fun.

-------------------------------------
"Mistress, the preparations are almost done. Would you like to go over everything again?" Asked Xin You as I fixed my hair in the vanity mirror.

Today was the day I've been waiting for. The ML was finally going to return home.

Although, I was enjoying my time being the most respected woman in the kingdom, I still was dying to meet the characters in the book.

"It's fine, if everything's going smoothly. There's no need to check in with me," I told Xin You while looking at my reflection.

"Understood," she bowed and left me alone.

'Host, the Male lead is going to arrive in short period of time with a small part of his army,' informed Liam. I analyzed his words for a few seconds and thought they were reasonable.

Although he was done with the war, he still needed someone to protect the border. So leaving his army there was a sensible decision.

A few months ago the ML send a royal decree like he did in the novel. Commanding the entire country to get ready for his wedding. Apparently, he was planning to come back from the battlefield and immediately marry his empress. So that he could finally occupy his emperor position.

When the announcement was made all of the citizens became so happy they could die. Although, the country was being properly ruled. The citizens were still missing that sense of security since, they didn't have a Male figure in charged.

Now after so many years, their emperor was returning with glory. He conquered half of the continent with his own two hands. Something no one has ever done.

After we received the royal decree we moved the wedding to the nearest and most auspicious day.

Unfortunately, it's been three months and the emperor hasn't arrived. The right prime minister has been bugging me endlessly to do something about it. But, I simply smiled and told him not to worry. The emperor was definitely going to appear.

I knew this because this was one of the many reasons the FL was so against the Ml at the beginning of the novel.

The ML said that he was gonna marry her but didn't appeared until the day before the wedding.

All of the citizens thought that he wasn't going to show up and secretly gossiped behind her back. Although, she was secretly hoping he didn't appear. She was still ashamed of being stood up like that.

Thankfully, little old me knew that there was nothing to worry about and took care of the preparations for the wedding.

I made sure that all of the high ranking officials were attending. Prepared the palace for the wedding by decorating it in red and ordering a throughout cleaning of the empress' palace.

I personally went to the royal kitchen and took my personal chef there (who is the best), to oversee the preparation of the meals.

I did multiple other things and even made sure to prepare her phoenix robes, crown, and seal. For the emperor to give then to her when he arrived and thus signifying her identity and position as mother of the nation.

I'm a saint.

'Liam, what do you think?' I asked him with a smile.

'Beautiful,' he answered back.

'Great, let's meet my new boyfriend,' I said leaving for the empress' palace.