Sick.

(A/N: The beginning of this was written right before 7 Rings was released, which is why the 7 Rings release party was mentioned.)

You are laying down in the king size
bed that you and your girlfriend share, waiting for your girlfriend to come into bed.

You two both just finished hosting a house party to celebrate the release of 7 Rings. Normally you would've let loose and drank champagne with everyone else but today was just not one of those days. Ever since you woke up this morning, you have had that overwhelming feeling of nausea all day long.

You didn't want to make Ariana worry about you, so you masked a fake smile to try and disguise how terrible you actually were feeling. It was tough but you managed to pull through and nobody noticed a thing. But now that everyone left and you finally got the chance to just rest, you felt chills take over your body. Not only were you battling chills but you were also fighting an unbearable headache.

You decided to just go lay down in the bed and try to have whatever sickness you were feeling, pass. Ariana was out in the living room picking up what your guys friends had left behind. You could hear the faint giggling of Ariana and Courtney who was also spending the night until she had to go back home.

After what felt like forever, the bedroom door opened and was followed by the bed dipping next to you. You felt her wrap her arms around you, when you suddenly got a wave of chills again. She immediately felt the sudden shake of your body which caused her to pause and whisper your name. You try to answer her but are cut short due to a wave of pain that strikes your head as if someone was stabbing a knife into the middle of your head. Immediately you wince and hold onto your head which once again, catches your girlfriends attention. She leans over you and gasps as she sees the state you are in.

"Woah baby, are you okay? What's going on?" She asked you concerned with her hand on your shoulder.

"I'm fine, just have a little headache." You respond with a non convincing smile. She easily knows you aren't telling the truth.

"Doesn't look like a 'little headache' to me, honey." She says quietly to you.

Knowing she was right, you just sighed and rolled over, shoving your face into her neck.

"Aw baby, here let me feel if you have a fever" She says while reaching up to feel your forehead.

Flinching from the contact of her cold hand touching your forehead. She gives you a look and coming from the look she gives you, you immediately know that you more than likely had a fever. "You are burning up, baby. Here, stay here and I'm going to go get you some Tylenol." You nod and watch as your girlfriend leaves the room.

She then returns with the Tylenol and a glass of water. "There you are my love, do you need anything else?" She asks, her face full of concern.

As you take the pill, the headache and chills immediately start to subside. Feeling extremely exhausted and weak, all you can think about is falling asleep cuddled up to your girlfriend.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Ari. I'm sorry this probably wasn't the way you were planning to end your night, especially with the release party and all." You respond to her, feeling guilty that Ariana was taking care of you instead of celebrating the release of 7 Rings.

"Don't even say that y/n. You know you mean more to me then any song or release party ever. If you aren't feeling good, I want to take care of you. You know you would do the same for me if I was in your position." She says looking down at you with her dark brown eyes.

"You really are the best, you know that?" You smile up at her.

"Oh. one hundred percent!" She smiles, giving you a wink. "Now do you need anything else baby?"

"I don't think so, I think I just need to sleep it off and hopefully I'll feel better in the morning." You say, snuggling closer to her.

She wraps her arm around you and kisses your forehead. "Alright honey, I love you. Sweet dreams."

"I love you too baby." You say slowly slipping out of consciousness. Just as sleep was about to consume you, Ariana starts to hum a tune, which she knows will help you fall asleep almost instantly.

The sun is setting and you're right here by my side
And the movie's playing, but we won't be watching tonight
Every look, every touch
Makes me wanna give you my heart
I be crushin' on you, baby
Stay right where you are 'cause

I never knew, I never knew
You could hold moonlight in your hands
'Til the night I held you
In the moonlight, moonlight

You then fell asleep in the arms of your person.