Panic attack.

Today was the first day that your girlfriend was back from tour. Ariana, Courtney, and the dogs came home late last night from Europe, you had tried to stay up but once the clock hit 2:30am your eyes practically shut in exhaustion. But waking up with her in your arms this morning was something you had missed so much while she was away.

When you woke up you quietly got out of bed to surprise Ariana with breakfast and to let her sleep in as late as she needed.

Walking down the stairs you were surprised to see Courtney awake making breakfast for herself in the kitchen.

"Hey, long time no see!" You say as you wrap your arms around you friend.

"Y/n! How are you?!" Courtney replied, hugging you tight.

"Great now that y'all are home. What are you doing up already?"

"Jet lag. I couldn't sleep very well, tour fucked my sleep schedule." She laughs.

"I bet. Do you want anything? I'm gonna surprise Ariana with some breakfast."

"Aw, cute. No thank you, though. I'll just have this." She says pointing to her plate with avocado toast placed on it.

"Alright, sounds good."

Courtney walks out of the kitchen back to her room as you decide what to cook up for Ariana. You decide on a quick, easy meal that you know you won't mess up. French toast and a mix of her favorite fruits.

You bring the tray of food up to the bedroom and shake Ariana slightly to wake her up.

"Hey baby, I've got something for you. Good morning." Pushing some baby hairs out of her eyes, she slowly opens her eyes. She looks to the bed where the food is laid out and then back up to you.

"Baby!" She reaches up to give you a kiss, another thing you have missed so much.

"I thought this would make it up to you for not being able to stay awake till you got home last night. Plus I just missed spoiling my girlfriend." She smiles.

"Don't be silly. Thank you y/n. I've missed you so much." She pulls you in for a hug.

"Of course. I'm so happy you're finally home."
_______________________________

Later that day, Ariana had decided that she wanted to go to the mall to go shopping for fun. You were hesitant about the idea because you knew that people would notice her left and right, eventually creating a crowd of people. But Ariana had insisted that that would not happen and that Roshad would keep everything under control.

After Ariana convincing you everything would go smoothly, you decided to go along with it.

Arriving to the mall, a wave of anxiety engulfed over you. You hated large crowds, especially in small spaces with no security. Ariana's shows never bothered you as much because you had a set spot away from the huge crowds and you also knew that security was all over.

Trying your hardest to cover up your anxiety, you trailed close behind Ariana and Courtney who were chatting about what stores they wanted to go into.

Right away a couple fans had approached Ariana for a photo, which she happily obliged to. Eventually more and more people circled around you screaming out requests to Ariana. Roshad was trying his best to keep the people a good distance away and to tell them to let you guys be but it didn't end up being enough.

The crowd got closer and was gradually getting larger. Your anxiety only building by the second. Courtney had noticed how uneasy you looked and grabbed onto your hand, giving you some comfort.

You started to feel your chest getting heavier as the crowd pushed to get to Ariana. Ariana was used to this type of situation and was handling it like a champ, trying to make as many of the people happy as she could. But no one was moving even when they did get a picture from her. You were just stopped, circled by hundreds of people.

"Court, my chest feels really heavy. I don't know what's going on." You tell her reaching onto her arm. She looks at you concerned and grabs a hold of Ariana's arm to get her attention.

She tells Ariana something but you can't make it out as your breathing starts to pick up. You feel arms wrap around your shoulder and forearm.

"Baby, breathe. I am right here." Your girlfriend whispers into your ear.

You can still hear the yelling from the crowd but it slowly is getting quieter. Suddenly you feel yourself being placed on the ground so your back is against the wall. Your breathing picks up even worse than before as your vision starts to become cloudy.

"Y/n, breathe! You're okay. Just breathe baby." She tells you but you can't seem to catch your breath.

"I c-c-an't." You manage to get out, struggling to get oxygen into your lungs.

"Yes you can, honey. Is it okay if I hold you?" You nod to answer her question. Immediately you feel arms wrap around you as Ariana pushes your head against her chest. "Okay, breathe with me. In 1,2,3....out 1,2,3."

Trying your hardest to follow her breathing you feel yourself start to regain your breaths.

"Good! Keep doing that, you've got it. You're okay." Continuing to follow her breathing you eventually are breathing back to normal.

Tears are streaming down your eyes as you look up into your girlfriends eyes. She looks down at you in concern. "Oh baby. Come here." Pulling you into her arms, you wrap your arms around her waist, calming down completely almost instantly.

"I'm sorry." You whisper.

"Oh my god baby, don't be sorry! I'm sorry this happened, I should've gotten you out of there before the crowd even came close to that size. I'm so sorry." She kisses your forehead. "How about we go home and have a movie night? How does that sound?"

Smiling, you nod at that request. Ariana stands up and lends a hand to help you up from the ground. You then feel an arm wrap around your shoulder, flinching you immediately look to see who it is and relax realizing it's just Courtney.

"You okay?" She asks you concerned.

"Yeah. Thank you for helping me out. I've never had a panic attack like that before."

"Scared the shit out of me, please don't have one ever again." She tells you.

"Wasn't planning on it." You laugh as you interlock hands with Ariana.

Roshad and the mall security escorted you all out to the car so the crowd wouldn't form again. The whole ride home you cuddled into Ariana, listening to her steady heartbeat. The stress your body had just went through made you extremely exhausted which Ariana could see. She told you to lay your head down in her lap and take a nap till you got home which you happily agreed to.