Jealousy.

This entire week, Ariana had been in and out of the house working, creating music at the studio. Normally, this wouldn't faze you because you knew how much of a workaholic she was. But what really bothered you was one of Ariana's new friends she was hanging out with.

Ariana had introduced her to you a few days prior and right off the back you didn't like how she acted with your girlfriend. She was extremely touchy, always having to have her arm around Ariana.

You hadn't mentioned anything to Ariana, although you couldn't help letting your insecurities take advantage of you when she wouldn't be home when you were going to bed. You wanted her to be in your arms.

You trusted Ariana but you didn't trust her.

Today you had purposely slept in late just so you wouldn't have to think about it. In only a sports bra and sweatpants, you decided at 12pm it was time to get up.

When you walked downstairs for the first time today, Ariana was sitting on the couch, legs crossed, watching Netflix.

"Morning." You spoke loudly with no emotion in your voice.

"Um, morning?" Ariana eyes followed you as you walked into the kitchen. She was caught off guard due to your emotionless entrance.

Surveying the fridge, you looked for something to eat. Not finding anything that satisfied you, you settled for a banana.

Walking over to the couch, you sat down and began eating the fruit. Your eyes focused on your phone in the palm of your hand.

"How did you sleep?" Ariana asked you, trying to start up a conversation.

"Fine." You quietly replied, not making eye contact.

Ariana continued her gaze on you. As you finished the banana, you tossed the peel on the coffee table, carelessly.

"Hey, can you toss that in the trash, please? One of the dogs will get it if it's just sitting there and I don't want them to get sick." She asked you, softly. Trying not to make a big deal out of it.

"Yeah, in a minute." You answered her, scrolling through social media on your phone, not paying attention.

A minute had gone by and Ariana had got up to let the dogs in from outside before sitting back down on the couch. Toulouse had hopped on the couch and caught sight of the peel, which Ariana noticed.

"Can you now please, Y/n? Toulouse is going to get it." She asked you nicely, one again. Holding on to Toulouse so he wouldn't get it.

Standing up, you grabbed the peel and made your way to the trash can, slamming it in.

"Happy!?" You yelled, throwing your hands up.

"Okay, you can take that attitude down a notch." Ariana's eyes focused on you in anger at your sudden outburst.

You ignored her response, plopping your back onto the couch. Grabbing one of the pillows placed on the couch, you put it over your face and sighed.

A few moments had passed when you felt a cold hand on your bare stomach. Flinching at the coldness, you pushed away the pillow that was on your face, in annoyance. Looking up, you saw Ariana had moved so she was right next to you.

Just as you were about to complain, Ariana had shushed you.

"Stop. Just relax for a minute."

"That's all I've been doing this whole week, while you've been hanging out with little miss touchy feely everyday." Just as those words came out of your mouth, Ariana finally understood what all this was about.

"Oh, so that's what all this is about." She smirked.

"Yeah, that's what this is about, Ariana." You turned your head away from her, not making eye contact.

"You're jealous." She giggled, placing her hand on your side.

"I'm not jealous." You shrugged away.

"You are, and it's cute." Turning over to look at her, confusion was written all over your face. "Except your attitude, that wasn't cute." She told you, seriously.

"It's cute?" You asked.

"Yeah." She replied, in a cute, quiet voice.

"How?"

"Because this is the first time you've ever been jealous of someone being around me. And for the record, there's no need to be. She's a friend and will never be anything more. I love YOU, my love." She confessed, beginning to caress your cheek.

"So you don't think she's prettier than me?" You looked at her expectantly.

"The fuck? Of course not. Why would you ask that?" She was taken aback at your question.

"Just making sure." You smiled, which immediately made her smile. "Come here. I feel like I haven't gotten one on one time with you in forever." You motioned your arms towards you for her to come closer.

"Baby, we sleep in the same bed. Our arms are always around each other." She laughed, as she straddled your lap.

"Yeah, but still. I'm not conscious then." Leaning up, you wrapped your arms around her waist.

"Mine." She whispered, cradling your head against her chest. A wave of relief washed over you, hearing her say that. You smiled against her chest, tightening your hold.

"God, I love you." You whispered back.

"Aw, I love you too."

"Sorry I was such a bitch to you. I just hate the thought of ever losing you."

"Baby." She cooed, her expression turning sad. "You aren't going to ever lose me." She then grabbed your face gently and pulled you in for a kiss.