Loss.

About 2 months ago your girlfriend embarked on her headlining tour for her 2 newest albums. You couldn't of wanted more then to just be with her throughout this huge milestone. But there were multiple things holding you back from doing so. The main thing was that your grandfather was fighting a very deadly disease.

Your grandfather was one of the closest people to you growing up. He would take you to baseball games during the summer, football games during the fall, and of course, hockey during the winter. You and him had a deep love for sports which was always the thing you bonded over most. Now that he was in the hospital not doing so well, it really put things into perspective that your life long friend and grandfather, might not be here on this earth much longer. So as any person would, you wanted to be with him as much as you could.

You were currently in the hospital where your grandfather was getting taken care of when you see your girlfriends name pop up on your phone with a FaceTime request. Immediately you jump up over to the bed side of your grandfather and answer the call so that she can see us both. That's one thing that is sort of rare nowadays, your grandfather absolutely loves that you and Ariana are together. He always talks about how when he gets out of "this hellhole", that he can't wait to see Ariana perform. He says that quite often which gives you reassurance he isn't giving up any time soon.

"Hi babe!" You say excitedly to the phone.

"Ah yes, Ariana! How are you? It's so nice to see you, even through a device." Your grandfather adds with a hoarse voice, due to all the medicine.

"Aw, hi you guys. I'm doing amazing, how are you doing pops? You're looking great!" Ariana says smiling from ear to ear. Ever since she met your grandfather, he told her to call him "pops" and it has stuck ever since.

"I'm doing very very well, Ariana. Thank you for asking. Now tell me, when are you going to invite your girlfriend of yours to come see you. I think it's been quite a long time. She misses you." You smile because he does know how much you really miss her.

"That's actually what I was calling her to talk about. You beat me to it, pops." She giggles which causes your grandfather to laugh. He then looks up to you and shoos you off to go talk to her in privacy, knowing that that's what Ariana wants.

You walk out into the hall and sit down at one of the benches. Smiling you look back down to your phone where your beautiful girlfriend is smiling right back to you.

"What's got you all smiley?" You ask in a joking manner.

"Oh nothing, just the fact that i'm flying you out here to Chicago for Lollapalooza." She knows how ever since you were little you've always dreamed of going to Lollapalooza. Something about being in the middle of a huge city, full of people who are all there for the same thing which is music, has always excited you. But you've never had the money for tickets or travel.

"No fucking way." You say quietly but also beaming of happiness.

"Yes fucking way." She laughs.

"Oh my god Ariana, I'm so excited. When is it? I have to plan out outfits. I have to plan out a dog sitter for the dogs." Ariana cuts your rambling off with her laughing.

"Haha, baby. I already have everything planned out. Just get packed as soon as you can because the flight is at 10pm tonight." Your excitement stops once you here that sentence.

"Tonight?! I can't. I have to stay here with my grandfather." Your voice full of disappointment.

"No, you're coming. You heard it yourself, he wants you to come see me. It's only for one day babe. Then I have a few weeks off till tour starts again so we can spend all the time in the world with him. Please. Please come see me, I miss you baby." Practically begging you to say yes.