Sobriety.

Tomorrow was coming on a full year of you being completely sober of alcohol. It was something you struggled with for years but after a couple months of being with Ariana, she taught you that you didn't need it to be the best person you could be.

You were currently sitting on the edge of the pool, legs dangling in the clear water, staring out over the California mountains, thinking about your journey of sobriety. All the times you were so close to relapsing, the temptations of just a sip. A year of sobriety was something you never thought you would ever be able to achieve for yourself.

"Baby?" Your girlfriends voice brought you out of your thoughts as she opened up the patio door. Snape, Strauss, and Toulouse following in suit as she walked closer to you. "I just cut up some fresh fruit, do you want some?"

"How could I turn that down?" You smiled up at her, glancing at the tray full of colorful fruits. "Here, come sit next to me." Patting the spot to your right, Ariana placed herself next to you.

Reaching out to grab a piece of watermelon, Ariana bats your hand away.

"Let me." She says, grabbing a piece and bringing it up to your mouth.

"I can do it myself, baby." She giggles.

"I know you can, but I want to." She pouts.

"Okay..." You give in, allowing her to place the fruit into your mouth. She laughs at your defeated look.

For a couple minutes, you both just sit in silence enjoying the warm california sunlight rays while eating the fruit.

"What's that cute little head of yours thinking about?" She brings you out of your thoughts once again.

"Just stuff." You attempt to push off the question, nonchalantly.

"Like what, my love?" She turns her body towards you to let you know that you have her full attention.

Keeping your gaze onto the mountains in front of you, you respond quietly. "Just tomorrow. One year of my sobriety. It's kinda crazy to me, is all."

"Look at me." She gently grabs your chin, forcing you to look into her dark brown eyes. "I am so proud of you."

"It wouldn't of happened without you. I owe my sobriety to you, Ariana." She grabs your hands to intertwine them with hers.

"Don't say that. You did this for yourself, to better yourself. I admire you, Y/n. This isn't easy."

"No it sure isn't. It truly is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life." You confess, truthfully.

"I know. But in this past year I've seen how it's changed you, for the better. You look so much happier with not only yourself but with life. You prioritize your mental and physical health. Your friendships have become so much stronger. Our love has flourished in ways we never knew." You notice your eyes begin to water at her words. Ariana notices and squeezes your hands, lovingly. "Y/n Y/l/n, I am so fucking proud of you and I love you more than you will ever know. You are so strong, baby."

She brings you into a tight hug. "Stop making me cry. You know I hate showing emotion like this." You laugh through your tears as Ariana starts to giggle as well.

Pulling away from the hug, you continue holding your gaze on your girlfriend. "I love you, Ariana. Thank you for helping and teaching me that I don't need a drink to be happy with life. And thanks for saying all those sweet things"

"Of course, my love." She smiles at you.

"Okay, I'm kinda getting hot. Can we go celebrate tomorrow early inside by playing some Mario on the switch?"

"You're always hot." You wink which makes her playfully slap you chest.

"Stop!" She laughs.

"But yes, I'm bout to beat your ass in Mario Kart!" You yell, leaping to your feet.

"You wish!" She laughs, as she leaps onto your back. As you carry her into the living room.

This was the best way to celebrate one year of your sobriety. Sitting on the couch cuddled up with Ariana, playing nintendo switch.

(A/N: If you all have any requests, feel free to leave them in the comments! Hope you enjoyed! This was one of my favorites to write.)