Anxiety.

No surprise that tonight was yet another night full of that overwhelming feeling of anxiety. Laying on the bed, you tried harder and harder to get yourself to fall asleep. All you wanted was to escape the exhaustion your mind was causing. But it just wasn't happening.

Hearing the door creek open, you assumed Ariana had come in to go to bed. You flipped over to look at her as she walked to the bed.

"Baby?" She sat next to you, reaching out her hand to begin combing through your hair.

"Hm." You mumbled out in response.

"Why are you still up? It's almost 3am." She questioned.

Instead of answering, you just shrugged.

"Are you okay?" She asked you concerned.

You shook your head no. You didn't want to lie, you wanted her to be there and help you.

"What's wrong? How can I help?" She slipped under the covers so she was now right next to you.

You met her eyes. "Can you just hold me?"

"Of course." You laid your head in the crook of her neck, taking in her scent. Her arms squeezing you tight. "You're heart is beating really fast." She noticed, leaning back and placing her hand on your chest.

"I know." You quietly responded. All your thoughts were attacking you at once. Thoughts that didn't even matter at the moment but your mind convinced you otherwise.

Ariana had realized what was going on and immediately wrapped her arms around you once again. She knew that when either of you were experiencing anxiety, that you always wanted to be close to one another. You both brought comfort to each other just by being there, you made each other feeling like everything was gonna be okay.

Slowly but surely, being in your girlfriends embrace calmed your heart rate and your racing mind. You were now focused solely on the sound of Ariana's beating heart that was against your ear.

"Ariana?" You spoke out.

"Yeah, baby?" Her voice was raspy, you knew she was tired. Yet she still was up to make sure you were okay.

"Thank you."

"For what?" She asked, confused.

"For just being here with me. For being the only person who can calm me down and bring me back to the present. For loving me and taking the time to make sure I'm okay, even if it's almost 4 in the morning. I just want you to know how thankful and how much I appreciate you." You rambled, spewing out all your thoughts at once.

"Aw, baby. You're so cute. I'm always here for you, no matter the day, time, or place." She confessed, placing a kiss on your cheek.

"I love you." Your body began feeling tired as you yawned and shut your eyes.

"And I love you. Now let's get some rest, I know you've got to be tired." You both adjusted yourself into a comfortable position. Ariana was the big spoon as her front was against your back and her arms wrapped around your torso.

Moments later, Ariana heard small snores coming from you. She immediately felt a huge relief at the fact you were able to fall asleep and your anxiety had went away, at least for the night. She smiled and kissed your cheek once again as she allowed herself to fall asleep too.