Nightmares.

Lately almost every single night you have been experiencing intense nightmares. The nightmares had ranged from bad to worse as the nights went on and it didn't help that your girlfriend was away for work.

Every night you would wake up barely being able to catch your breath, crying in fear, and having to calm yourself down all by yourself. It was hard and most times you ended up just crying yourself back to sleep because of how bad the nightmare was.

But thankfully Ariana was coming back home today which you hoped would stop these horrendous nightmares.

Once Ariana had finally made it home, you both decided to just stay in and have a movie day. You were so incredibly happy to have her home. You both cuddled all day long, enjoying multiple harry potter movies and even a couple horror movies that Ariana had wanted to watch.

You knew watching the horror movies would only make your nightmares worse but you didn't want to look like a baby to Ariana so you watched them anyways.

She had no idea of the nightmares you were experiencing every night or else she wouldn't of made you watch these movies.

You were both in the middle of the movie "The Ring" which was a suggestion of Ariana's.

Every once in a while a jump scare would happen and your girlfriend would giggle at the fact that you would dig your face into the crook of her neck in fear.

"Aw baby, we don't have to watch this if you're that scared." She says to you, while hugging you. Inside all you wanted was to shake your head and watch a different, non scary movie but you ended up just going with it.

"No it's okay, that jump scare was just really good haha." You say back to her trying to cover up your fear.

Ariana had fell for your lie and continued to hug you while watching the movie.

Eventually the movie had ended which meant it was time for the thing you dreaded most, sleep.

You decided to take a quick shower to try to get your mind off of the events that occurred in the movie. It worked for a few minutes until you got out and saw that Ariana was already sound asleep in the bed.

You knew that once you got in that bed, those images would come racing back into your mind right before you would fall asleep and make for some crazy nightmares.

Hopping into the bed, you moved as close as possible to your girlfriend to remind yourself that you weren't alone. Ariana felt your movement and pulled you in close to her.

Wrapping your arms around your girlfriend, you fell asleep to her slow, steady breathing.

_______________________________

"Ariana? Babe? Wake up." You say shaking her awake.

"Huh? What's wrong baby?" She asks, slightly confused as to why you woke her up.

"I heard something out in the kitchen." Looking from Ariana to the door, you both hear another noise coming from the kitchen.

"Oh my god, what do we do?" Ariana grabs onto your arm in fear.

"Just stay here. Please, whatever you do, don't make a sound or move. I'll be back okay?" You whisper while wiping a tear from your girlfriends eye.

"No, please don't leave."

"Ariana, promise me you won't leave this room. Promise me." She leans in to give you a hug.

"Ok." She says tears streaming down her eyes.

You slowly get off the bed and go into the closet to get a baseball bat you had.

Another sound comes from outside the door. Turning to Ariana who was sitting on the bed in tears. "I love you." You tell her as you open the door slowly.

You look out to the door end of the hallway to where the kitchen is and see a shadow. Immediately, you slam the door shut in fear, run over to your girlfriend, and hide in the closet.

In the closet, Ariana is hidden behind you, holding onto the back of your hoodie. As you are dialing 911 on your phone to get help, you notice that your phone is at 1% and dies as soon as the operator was asking what happened.

Just as your phone dies, you both hear heavy footsteps walking towards your room.

Realization finally sets in to you as to what is happening. Fear completely takes over your body. You lean back into Ariana as you start to cry.

The footsteps start getting closer and closer as the intruder tries to open your bedroom door. Your sobs are becoming slightly louder as you are almost on the verge of a panic attack.

Ariana wraps her arm around your waist comforting you while covering your mouth with her hand to muffle your sobs.

The intruder eventually pries the door open and is inches away from the closet you and Ariana are hidden in. You clutch onto Ariana for dear life as she is still holding onto you. Your breathing becomes more and more rapid as the intruder is right in front of the closet door. Holding onto Ariana's hand that is still over your mouth, you look up to her with nothing but fear in your eyes and see that she has the same exact look in her eyes.

The next thing you know the door is ripped open -
______________________________

You leap up from your sleeping position sobbing, drenched in sweat, and nearly hyperventilating.

"Baby!! Oh my god. Are you okay?" Ariana asks you as she places her hand on your back.

Not being able to respond, you struggle to catch your breath as you are still confused as to what just happened.

"Hey hey hey. Calm down y/n. Breathe. Look at me." She places her hand on the back of your neck and moves your face to look at her. "It was just a dream. Breathe with me. In and out."

Ariana places your hand on her chest as she keeps doing deep breathes to try and bring your breathing back to normal. Eventually it works and you begin to be able to breath.

You are still crying over the dream as Ariana pulls your body into her lap. She carefully places your head onto her lap as she runs her fingers through your hair to calm you down.

"You're okay. I'm here baby. You're safe. You're home." She kept repeating to you.

"It-t-t was s-s-o real." You try to get out.

"Shhhh, it wasn't real. It was just a dream." Ariana wipes the tears that are streaming out of your eyes.

After what seemed like an hour, you eventually calmed down and stopped crying.

"Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" Your girlfriend asks you.

"No, it was just a stupid nightmare." You try and play it off but she sees right through you.

"Y/n, that wasn't just a stupid nightmare. Has this been happening a lot lately?"

"Yeah...every night ever since you left for work. I thought they would've went away tonight since you came back but then we watched those movies and i guess that triggered it?" You confess feeling embarrassed.

"Oh baby. You should've told me, I can't believe you have been dealing with this by yourself for over a week now." She pulls you into a hug. "I'm so sorry i made you watch those horror movies. I wouldn't of if you would've told me."

"No, it's not your fault babe." You say grabbing ahold of her hand.

"Well we should go get help for these nightmares if they keep happening. How about we go back to bed for tonight and see what we can do tomorrow?" She says still hugging you.

"I think that's a great idea. Thanks for dealing with me and my nightmares." She giggles.

"Of course baby." You both lay back down into bed as your girlfriend wraps you up in her arms. She starts humming to you as your eyes become more and more heavy.

The last thing you hear before you fall back to sleep is your girlfriend saying "I love you."