Overworked.

Project after project after project. That's all your life has been consumed by the past couple weeks. Your job was overworking you to the point of exhaustion. Staying up till 3am and waking up at 7am was becoming a normality for you. Ariana had noticed after the first 2 days that it was getting to be way too much for you. Or for any person for that matter.

Right now you are sitting in the spot you have been in all day, at the desk right in front of your laptop screen. It was currently 11pm and you still had hours to go. Even thinking about how long tonight would be made your eyes well up in tears.

Reaching over to grab your Red Bull, you chug the caffeinated beverage. Hoping that it could boost your energy even just a little bit.

Hearing the front door shut, you notice Ariana had came home from the studio. You haven't gotten to spend much time with her at all recently and it's taken a toll on your relationship for sure.

Feeling hands grasp your shoulders, you relax at the touch as she begins massaging your shoulders.

"You're so tense, y/n." She utters out, quietly.

"Mhm." You groan as she continues massaging your aching shoulders.

"Why don't you take a break? I got some take out for dinner." She asks, hopeful.

"I don't have time right now. Can you leave mine in the fridge?" Not making eye contact you continue working.

"You never have time anymore."

"Ariana-" You begin.

"No, y/n. All you've been doing these past few weeks is working on this damn project. I come home and you still ignore me. Shit, we can't even eat dinner together now?!" She yells, frustrated. Continuing to stare at the screen in front of you, you ignore her once again. "See?"

"What do you want me to do!?" You leap up from the chair. All your stress and anger has been building up and you couldn't hold it in any longer. "You want me to just quit my job?! Give up a position I've worked all my life for!? I've been working day and night for the past 2 weeks on this stupid project that is literally never ending. I'm exhausted, Ariana! I can't have a break until I finish this damn thing!" Ariana looks at you with sad eyes. Sitting back in the chair, you lean on the desk with your head in your hands. "I'm so tired, Ariana." You whisper in defeat.

Your girlfriend slowly walks towards you, pulling up a chair to sit next to you.

"I know you are. I've seen how hard you've been working but baby, you can't do this to yourself. The bags under your eyes prove it. It's not healthy." You shake your head in agreement as you let yourself begin to cry. "Oh, baby. Come here."

Wrapping your arms around your girlfriend, you lean your head on her shoulder letting out all your frustration.

"Let it all out. You deserve a break, y/n." She tells you.

Eventually you begin to calm yourself down. All the tears drying out your eyes making them entirely bloodshot. You were fighting falling asleep on Ariana's shoulder so hard. Not having control over it, you let your eyes shut for a moment.

"Y/n, wake up." You faintly hear. Feeling  hands tap your shoulder. Opening your eyes, you realize that you did in fact, fall asleep. "Aw baby, you fell asleep on my shoulder."

"Shit, sorry." You rub your eyes in an attempt to wake yourself up more.

"Let's get you to bed." She says, helping you up from the chair.

Ariana had her arm placed firmly around your waist, helping you into the bedroom. Once your back hit the mattress you felt like you were on cloud 9.

But you wanted to get one more thing out before you let yourself sleep.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you these past few weeks, Ariana. I just hate failing and this project is huge for me, a chance for me to show my boss I really am worthy of this position." Looking up at your girlfriend, she looks back at you with understanding eyes.

"I understand, y/n. Just get some rest, you need it." She places her hand on your cheek, stroking it gently as she kisses you on the forehead.

Ariana watched your eyes flutter shut as you let sleep take over you. She felt so much relief seeing you finally get the rest you needed.

The rest of the night, Ariana had brought up her food and ate it in bed with you so you wouldn't be alone. Toulouse, Myron, and Pignoli surrounding you both.