Paparazzi.

This morning, both you and Ariana had decided that you wanted to take a walk to the nearby coffee shop to get a couple coffees.

It was currently 5:30am and you both looked out over the New York City skyline from the apartment. The streets were practically empty from your view which made a walk sound ever more ideal.

Hand and hand, you and Ariana walked out of the apartment building to the coffee shop. It felt nice to be able to go for a walk with your girlfriend without being chased by paparazzi and fans.

"This is nice." Ariana spoke softly while looking at you. A wide grin across her face.

"I know. We never get to do anything like this." You answered, smiling back.

Continuing to walk you started to get the feeling that you were being followed. Turning your head to look behind you, sure enough there was a group of paparazzi following close behind.

"Shit." You muttered out. Ariana followed your gaze and rolled her eyes. Luckily, the coffee shop was the next store down where you could both get a break from them.

You both ordered your coffees and left the shop. You didn't want to show it, but you were really disappointed that the paparazzi was ruining what would've been a peaceful morning with your girlfriend.

This time walking home, the number of paparazzi doubled and were all directly in front of you. Some were getting to close to you both so Ariana had asked them politely to back off a little bit which they did.

This was the first time in quite a while that Ariana had left without Roshad to help prevent this type of stuff from happening. But now you felt like it was your responsibility to protect her.

You both hadn't said much the whole walk back but Ariana kept looking at you with an apologetic smile. It wasn't her fault but she knew you weren't comfortable.

All of a sudden one man flew past Ariana to get a better shot but ended up slamming his camera against her shoulder, roughly in the process. You let go of Ariana's hand and walked up to the guy pushing him back violently.

"Watch it!" You yelled out in anger. As the cameras clicked even faster.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm okay, baby." Ariana told you. She grabbed ahold of your arm and began to walk again, pulling you with her to bring you away. Your eyes were kept on the man that was now yelling out profanity's to you.

You so desperately wanted to turn around and say something back to him but knew that probably wouldn't be the best idea.

After what felt like forever, fighting the urge to tell that man off, you finally made it into the quietness of the apartment.

You plopped down on the couch, putting your head into your hands. You felt the couch dip and knew Ariana had sat next to you.

"Are you alright?" She asked quietly, breaking the silence.

"Am I? I should be the one asking you that. His camera hit you so hard. Is your shoulder okay?" You began reaching at her hoodie to try and see if there were any wounds.

"I'm okay, Y/n." She gently grasped your hands and held them.

"I don't know how you deal with them everyday. They're absolutely horrible." You told her, shaking your head. Still upset at what had just happened.

"I know they are." She responded. "Thank you for sticking up for me and protecting me."

You looked at her and smiled. "Always."

"I'm sorry they ruined our little walk, baby." She apologized.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault, can we make up for it by having a movie day?" You asked with a pouty face.

"Is that even a question? Of course." You laughed at her words as she smiled hearing your laughter. "Come here." She opened her arms, wiggling her fingers motioning for you to hug her.

You quickly leaned in and embraced her in your arms. Your cheek resting on her shoulder as her fingers ran through your hair.

You couldn't wait to leave behind what happened this morning and cuddle up with your girlfriend all day watching your favorite movies.