two

Cassie told me that she wasn't gonna leave my side, but she did anyway.

Not that I really mind. While the party was going on in the living room, she wanted to go to the kitchen to organize the food. For nearly five hours, I sat on the counter, drinking from a bottle of alcohol, and watching her do just that. Then Sid cane in at some point, so Cassie and him ended up going off somewhere together.

I dug through the pile of shoes by the front door, looking for my flats. Abigail Stock, the posh private school girl whose house we were at, had made us all take off our shoes before we stepped into the living room. Apparently, her "mummy" just had the carpet imported from Iran, so no shoes were allowed. But seeming as I wanted to go outside to have a smoke, as another rule of Abigail's was no smoking in the house, I had to find my shoes.

I finally found them under a pair of dirty old sneakers. I slid them on and headed towards the front door, unaware at the time that Tony Stonem was following me. I only noticed when I tried to close the door after stepping outside and slammed it right on him.

"Fuck," he cursed in pain, yanking his arm out of the door.

"Holy hell, I didn't see you, I'm so sorry," I apologize. In a fit of panic, thinking I had broken Tony Stonem's arm, I grabbed him by the wrist and began examining his forearm.

He watched me with a smirk as I traced my fingers softly over his skin. "It's not broken, if thats what you're wondering. But if you want to touch me more, go ahead. I'm not complaining."

I dropped his wrist and rolled my eyes.

I dug in the pocket of my jacket and pulled out a pack of smokes. I grabbed one and put it to my lips. I dug through my other pocket, looking for a lighter but couldn't seem to find one. I heard the crackling of a lighter and glanced over to see Tony holding one out to me. Seeming as I had no other option, I leaned in and let him light the tip of my cigarette. He watched me as I take a drag and blow the smoke out into the chilly air, while I watched the sun slowly began rising in the distance. I hadn't realized how long I'd been here until now.

"How come I've never seen you at Roundview?" He asks, referring to his college.

I don't look at him when I speak. "Because I don't go to Roundview."

"You don't fancy me, do you?"

"Nope."

"Well that's disappointing."

"Well, get used to the disappointment, bub."

Neither of us talk until I ask, "Isn't your girlfriend inside?"

He shrugs. "I wouldn't call her my girlfriend..."

"Well she calls you her boyfriend," I interject. "And based on what I know so far, she really fancies you. So maybe instead of being out here trying to get with a girl who doesn't want to get with you, you should go get with the one who wants you back."

"And who says I'm trying to get with you?" He asked with a lop sided grin. God, I want to slap it off his face.

"You're eyes," I tell him. "The eyes say it all."

That doesn't stop him from looking at me likes he's undressing me with them.

"Tone!" There's a group of boys walking towards us, laughing amongst themselves and tripping over their own feet. One of the guys, an Indian boy, was hollering at Tony. "Bosh, Tony! We finally found you, mate!"

A boy with shaggy blonde hair laughed. "Only took three hours, four buses, and two bottles of vodka."

"You guys came," Tony exclaimed to the three boys. They all hugged and I stood there awkwardly, smoking my cigarette.