fifteen

Im sitting with everyone in the dining hall, eating slop for dinner, when Anwar runs in with an announcement.

"Guys, guys! I've seen boobs!" He exclaims. "A girl with boobs!"

That's all Tony and Sid need to hear before they jump up from the table.

"God, that's pathetic Anwar," Jal voices.

"No, you want to see this!" Anwar tells her excitedly. "She'd got a big chopper as well!"

"Oh my god," I laugh. "I wanna see that."

Jal and Michelle seem sold too, as the three of us get up and hurry after the boys who had already left the room.

"Woah, guys, what about your dinner?" Tom calls.

"Later, Tom," Michelle calls back.

We all follow Anwar into his and Maxxie's room and all crowd around the window. We look outside, but fail to see a girl with big boobs and a big chopper.

"She was there a second ago," Anwar says in disbelief. "She was there. Chopping that wood."

Michelle and Jal scoff before walking away.

"She'll come back. She was just there, I promise!" Anwar calls after them.

"Tell us when the Spice Girls turn up too, yeah," Tony says sarcastically before him and the rest of the guys leave. Anwar, looking extremely disappointed, stares out the window.

I pat him sympathetically on the shoulder. "I believe you, Anwar."

"She had big boobs," he repeats. "Real big boobs."

I leave him be.

***

Later that night as I'm getting ready for bed, I hear a soft knock on my bedroom door. Thinking it's just Michelle or Jal stopping in to talk, I open it without a second thought. I certainly wasn't expecting to see Tony Stonem standing on the other side of the door.

"Cute jammies," he tells me. "But have you ever considered sleeping naked?"

I roll my eyes and try to shut the door, but he stops it with his foot.

"What do you want, Tony?" I ask the blue eyed boy.

"There's multiple things I want, all including you. But since I can't have any of those, I just wanted to know if you would play pool with me."

I try my hardest to ignore the beginning of his statement, though I can already feel my cheeks beginning to fluster.

"Why not ask one of your other friends?" I say.

He shrugs. "I've played them all. Absolutely terrible, they are. I need some competition, and you look like you're good with your hands-"

"Stop with the sexual innuendos," I tell him.

"You just have a dirty mind, Freya."

I breath out a huff of annoyance. He's too witty for his own good.

"It's 11 O'clock at night," I say.

"Good, you can tell time."

"And the curfew at this place is 9."

"I won't tell if you won't."

Seeming as there's no way for me to win this, I give in.

"Fine. But only one game... let me put some shoes on."