Seven

Evie POV

When I wake up it's dark out, and I'm still holding Audrey Rose. She's curled up against me breathing softly. She really is adorable. Looking around the room, I see that Asher is asleep on the floor. When did he get here? I stand, careful not to wake Audrey Rose then I walk over and place her in the crib. I look briefly at the scene before me before exiting the room and closing the door softly. 

Out in the kitchen, Liam is sitting on the counter on his phone. He glances up when I enter. I can't help but feel like we shared a moment back there. I distinctly remember our fingertips brushing when he handed Audrey Rose to me.

"Hey, do you want a ride home?" He asks almost...nicely. 

"Sure." I accept.

"Okay let's go now then." He grabs his leather jacket and leads the way from Asher's apartment. 

We walk down in silence, and he eyes me warily.

"Thank you for your help." He finally says. 

"It's no problem at all, I'm glad I know now. I'd hate for Asher to think he needed to keep this from me." I reply.

We get down to the lobby, and there is a new Asian lady at the desk who waves at us when we walk by. Out in the parking lot, Liam leads me to a motorcycle. Oh hell no.

"On second thought I'll walk" I gulp, what if I have an attack, on his bike! 

"Come on Walker!" He groans, "Get on the bike you'll be fine. You can even wear my helmet."

I nervously eye the two-wheeled death machine. I take a deep breathe and relent.

"Fine." 

He walks over with the helmet and helps me put it on. Maybe it's my imagination, but I swear he lingers running his hands down my cheeks and clipping it. Then he returns to the motorcycle and swings his legs over it, starting the death-trap. 

"We don't got all day princess," he calls. I ball my fists and march over sitting as far away from him as possible. "You're gonna want to hold on."

He flies out of the parking lot and heads towards my house. I immediately slide forward and hold onto him for dear life. It's scary at first, but after a bit I find myself enjoying the feeling of being on the back of Liam Davis's bike, and I think he likes it too.

We pull up to my house ten minutes later and my mom and Brandon come running out. 

"Evangelina! Where have you been! Why aren't you answering your phone? I thought you'd had an attack and were dead in a ditch somewhere, I was about to call the police!" She's hysterical. 

Liam helps me off the motorcycle and unclips the helmet. My mom embraces him and he flinches unsure what to do. 

"Thank you for bringing my baby home!" She cries. She looks about ready to pinch his cheeks and give him a kiss on his forehead. Brandon pulls her back and he grabs my hand to yanking me from Liam's side. My mom runs back inside, presumably to call off the search party.

"Why the hell is my sister on the back of your bike?" He demands.

"Brandon! Stop it, Liam was nice enough to give me a ride home." I admonish him. 

"Stay away from her Davis, she isn't another girl for you to fuck with, I'm serious," he warns.

"Stand down Walker, nothing happened... Nothing she didn't want to happen that is." He antagonizes. I gasp and look at Liam, he knows exactly what he's said. Brandon looks at me with hurt eyes.

"Please tell me you didn't open your legs for this bastard." He sneers. My mouth drops open. Liam smirks. 

"How dare you!" I poke his chest hard. "You have no right to assume anything, I've opened my legs to no one! Even if I had, I wouldn't tell you! It's none of your business, Brandon."

"And YOU, thank you for the ride, but I'd appreciate if you didn't go insinuating that you had the privilege of taking me to bed.  I assure you, that is a pleasure you will never partake in." I shout turning on Liam. "Goodnight."

I give both of them a good glare before turning and stomping into the house. I'm exhausted from my long day, so I quickly get ready for bed. 

***

The next night I get about three hours of sleep before I wake up and can't go back to bed, I walk downstairs and make myself a mug of warm cinnamon milk. I'm still mad at Brandon, but not as mad as I am at Liam. I thought for a minute there he was going to start being nice, that maybe we could be friends. Of course, we can't. He may be the hottest boy at SHS, but he's also bad for me. I take some more blue pills and finish my milk before creeping back up the stairs. 

I end up sitting and watching the sunrise because I can't sleep. I just can't. Which sucks, because tomorrow is Monday.