Twenty Seven

I want to go to his room I really do, as soon as he leaves I run to the bathroom to fix my makeup and pull myself together. When I leave I immediately make for the stairs and tiptoe up them since I don't think people are technically allowed up here. I'm met with one hallway and two doors. 

I really do want to go.

I just don't know which one is his.

I'm not dumb, I know what goes on at these kinds of parties so if I choose the wrong door I might see more than I want to. I could knock of course but wouldn't that interrupt whatever may or may not be going down inside?

Well it can't hurt. I pt my ear up against the first one and don't hear anything so I poke my head inside. I don't immediately see anything.

"Liam?" I call softly. When I take another step and look to my right I can't help the little gasp that escapes me.

Staring back at me is Ollie, shirtless Ollie. I've seen that a thousand times, what I haven't seen before is shirtless Sam. 

Shirtless Sam and shirtless Ollie. Together. In what I can only assume is Sam's bed.

They hear me and Ollie sits up bringing Sam with him. All I can do is stand there. How? How couldn't I have known? Why didn't he tell me? Blood rushes to my face and all I can do is stare. My heart beats faster and faster, and more from surprise than anything else it happens.

"Evie I-" 

I'm already on the ground.

***

I hear a crash. Then panicked shouts. More crashes. All from Sam's room.

I pick myself up off the ground and walk over to see what's the matter. I didn't expect what I saw. His door is open and Evie is on the ground. What the fuck? Oliver is leaning over her without a fucking shirt on. I see red and I'm about to beat the shit out of him. The lights are off so I walk in, turn them on, and shut the door so people downstairs don't hear what's about to happen. 

"What the fuck, Oliver? Get off her." I yell. Oliver doesn't move so I'm about to do it for him when...

"Don't talk to him like that." Sam says. Sam. I turn on him. Since when does he give a fuck about one of Walker's crew.

"What is Evie doing in your room? And where's your shirt man?" I ask choosing to ignore what he said.

"Shut up, Liam. She's just sleeping." Sleeping?

"Sure she is." I push him off and kneel down by her. Sure enough her chest rises and falls beneath that sexy ass shirt of hers. Focus. I shake her a bit.

"Come on Evie, wake up."  I coo. She doesn't. Forget how the fuck she fell asleep in the ten minuets since I left her downstairs. I want to know why she was in Sam's room with the two of them shirtless.

I turn to yell at Sam about it, but he's moved to help Oliver up from where I shoved him. Sam is asking Oliver if he's okay, I definitely pushed him into the desk. You know more than anything I bet Evie just walked into the wrong room...they were...the way Sam...

Why am I stupid?

Why am I a dumbass?

"You're gay?" It kinda makes sense now that I think of it. For Sam I mean, but Oliver?

"You're gay?" I turn on him. He looks away.

"I-" Oliver defends.

"Yeah, Liam." Sam says. "What we also are, is not having this conversation tonight." 

He sounds angry. I don't blame him. We were going to need to talk about this for sure, but I wouldn't want someone coming into my room while I was with someone and that's exactly what Evie did. He obviously wasn't ready to tell Asher and I yet and my... Evie just outed her friend and mine. 

"I'm sorry, Sam." I apologize for Evie and then scoop her up. "I'll make sure she gets home."

I leave and shut the door again. I can't help but chuckle when I hear.

"You aren't out to your friends!" 

"Shut up! Neither are you!"

In my room I set her on my bed and tuck her in. 

Sam has been my best friend for years. How didn't I know? I don't care really, but he obviously thought I did or he would've told me. God, and seriously of every boy at Somerset High he had to hookup with Oliver Duncan.

Evie sits up abruptly and startles me.

"You're gay." Then she looks around and sees me and in disbelief echoes. "He's gay."

"Are you okay? Oliver said you fell asleep." 

"Yeah I'm alright I was just a little tired, and a bit shaken. I mean one of my best friends in some other guys bed? I was just shocked, but you know what? It's fine. He'll tell me more when he wants to. Until then, as much as I wanted to get to know you more I am exhausted."

"Okay then. Do you want me to take you home?" I hope that's not what she's saying.

"No silly, it's been a long night. Just get me some pajamas." 

My mind whirs from the last thirty minutes of my life, but it looks like she's made the executive decision to ignore the fact that our friends are gay for each other until we know more. 

I understand the simple command. I toss her my shirt and turn around while she changes. I might've peeked a bit. She slides back into my bed and I really can't say this is where I saw my night going as I see her settle in. 

Even as I set up camp on the ground, the sounds of a dying party beneath me, I see her in my bed and I'm not complaining.