Thirty Eight

Liam tells me that he wants to take me to visit his mom the day after Christmas, since he wants to spend Christmas in a lighter mood. I have to remember that Christmas Eve is tomorrow, and I still haven't gotten Liam a gift yet.

I scour the shops at the mall, desperate for something befitting him. Nothing speaks to me. In this whole process, I realize that despite what he's shared, I really don't know much about him. I can't help but feel like if I'd known him longer this wouldn't be so difficult. I mean, I have everyone else's presents. Even Audrey Rose and Sam!

I'm so done with shopping. Nothing I could buy will be good enough for him. Maybe I'll make something.... Yeah. I'll make him something, it will be really special that way. I march out of Zumiez and almost trip over a stroller.

"I'm so sorry, Ma'am!" I apologize to the woman pushing it and her husband. The baby just laughs.

Right away I freeze. The couple moves on, but I swear that was Audrey Rose. When she peeks her head out the side I see her near-white hair and I know. Liam did say Asher's parents were back in town.

I'm not supposed to know about her though so I don't introduce myself. I practically sprint for the doors and out to the Jeep. Brandon agreed to bring me so he could get Mia's present as well.

I slide into the passenger seat and open my phone to see if I have any messages from Liam while I wait. Sure enough he's texted.

LIAM ❤️

What's ur favorite color?

...
Depends, what is it for?

I can't tell u princess

Now u have to

u don't get the concept of a
present do u

nvm I'll ask ur mom, I don't
trust u little spy

Ouch

We still going to Lewis's new
year party? He's asking

Ofc id go anywhere w u

Speaking of which... I
remember u saying you'd
take me to a fight.

Read
...

He doesn't answer me and I'm so caught up in overthinking it that I scream when Brandon taps the window by my head. I unlock the car for him so he can put his armful of bags in the back.

"Sorry I scared you." He chuckles. "Find what you wanted?"

No in fact I did not. Christmas Eve is tomorrow night and I don't have a gift for my boyfriend. I would be a vixen and tie a bow to my naked body but he'd made it clear how revolting I am so that's a no go. I'm crafty, I'll figure out some way to make him the perfect present.

I give Brandon a shrug instead of answering.

Hours later and elbow deep in modge podge and tiny paper scraps, I think I've made something he'll really enjoy. I spend the rest of the evening prepping for Christmas Eve dinner with mom.

I'm clumsier than usual dropping things and bumbling about. To be honest, I feel a little light headed and dizzy. I can't tell mom though or she would turn into the grinch and have me in a hospital bed faster than I could say jingle bells.