Eight

Pic is Mia's car ^^^

I trudge down the stairs, and struggle to keep my eyes open. A grand total of five hours of sleep. Awesome.

Mom has already left for work, so I grab an apple from the fruit basket and go sit in Brandon's jeep. I pull my Hunter boots on and pull my black knee socks up. Ten minutes later Brandon comes out and we leave. 

We sit in awkward silence for a bit before he finally speaks.

"I'm sorry, E." He sighs. I look over at him."God, I'm sorry. You have to know I didn't mean what I said, you're smart enough to make that decision yourself and you were right, it's not my business anyways."

"And if you... if you want to do...that with him, I guess I won't judge you. I just need you to know that he has been with lots of girls, and I don't think he's a good person." he chokes out.

"I accept your apology, but don't worry I'm not, and I will never do anything with Liam." I assure him. At least I don't plan to be. He let's out a sigh of relief.

"Oh good. What I said... complete bullshit, if I find out you had sex with him I will kick his ass." We laugh together and joke around the rest of the way there.

***

Liam has a smirk on his face when I walk into class. 

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm not smiling." He continues to grin. I squirm a bit and my dress shifts up my legs. His eyes flash.

 "There's certainly nothing to smile about if you don't plan on squirming in my bed anytime soon. Although, maybe I should smile... little virgin Evie."

I gasp and punch his arm.

"Shut up, Liam." I hiss. " I'm still mad at you about that by the way, and what I said was true."

"Sure, princess." 

We stop talking after that since Mrs. Baker starts taking attendance. I'm so tired! Thankfully we are watching the Outsiders today so I may be able to drift off. Mrs. Baker starts the movie and then leaves the room. Shit! I didn't take my pills this morning, I groan and smack my head onto the desk. Just what I needed today. 

Actually, just what I don't need... and who said I had to deal with it? I begin laughing. It starts small, then slowly it escalates into full blown hysteria, the class jumps in surprise. Mia turns and gives me a questioning look. My eyes blur with tears, I can't stop laughing. Everyone's eyes are on me.

Liam looks very concerned as I clutch my stomach. When I put my things in my bag his eyes dance with curiosity. Serves him right I think. I'm so out. I swing my bag over my shoulder and motion for Mia to do the same. 

In a momentary lapse in judgment I push my chair in and peck a confused Liam on the cheek. He makes a strangled sound and immediately cradles his face like I've slapped him. 

This is even funnier. I cackle. Grabbing Mia's hand I throw a wave over my shoulder when we leave. 

"I'm feeling a Mani/Pedi." I decide throwing her a conspiratory smile. She shakes her head in disbelief.

"What's gotten into you?" She asks with a smile.

"I think today just isn't for me. I need a detox, and I deserve one. I had one hell of a weekend." I reply thinking about Audrey Rose and Asher and my Liam overdose. 

"Alright then, let's go." 

We make our way out to her car and leave. 

It feels amazing to for once leave something behind.

A/N: Short Chapter, sorry guys!!

Does anyone else have those done days? And the friends who will jump through hoops to make it better?