Twenty Eight

I don't know why I said I was tired. I am tired, but I'll never be able to sleep. My mind sprints a mile a minute and I'm reeling over tonight's revelations.

Ollie is gay... for Sam?

I had an attack and I'm fine?

I'm laying in Liam's bed?

I stare at the ceiling and absentmindedly count in my head trying to process it all. I get to about 367 before I lose count and have to start all over. On and on it goes as I find little ways to entertain myself until the sun begins to light the sky.

When it's light enough to see I crawl to the edge of Liam's bed and peek over the side to watch him sleep. I wonder what it would be like to sleep a healthy eight hours each night.  His chest slowly rises and falls, I'm captivated by the steady movement. He stirs and I quickly bolt back realizing what a creep I am.

You don't even know him, Evie. You only like the idea of him.

I lay back down on the fluffy mountain of grey pillows and stare once more at the ceiling. I'm in deep this time.

If I asked him to the Snow Ball would he go with me? I've never been to a school dance before. I highly doubt he has either.

I yawn. I'm exhausted beyond comprehension and I left my medicine at home. So, so tired.

"What the fuck..." I hear a grunt from the floor and I stifle a laugh. His goofy face pops up and a boyish grin flashes at me. "I won't lie, this is not how I envisioned you laying in my bed for the first time."

As adorable as it is I can only manage a weak smile in response. The laughter leaves Liam's eyes replaced by concern.

"Did you sleep at all?" He asks.

"No." I answer honestly. "I'm exhausted though."

"Jesus Christ, Evie. What did you do all night?"

"Nothing really just little things to entertain myself." I reply.

"You have to get some sleep. If I take you home looking like this Brandon might actually land a punch on me." I decide not to inform him that Brandon has seen me much worse.

"I won't sleep, I can't Liam." I sigh.

He stands up, stretches and closes the curtains in front of his window, plunging the room into near darkness. Then he makes for me.

"Scoot over," he demands. I do, curious.

Liam slides into his bed beside me and I catch myself staring at his defined chest. He smartly keeps quiet about it. He motions for me to lay down on him. I hesitate for a moment.

What's the harm?

I rest my head on his warm skin and he places his arm around me holding me tightly to his body. I almost cry. Never in my life had I been held like this, and I didn't want him to let go.

"Now sleep, Evie." He says softly, resting his head in the top of mine.

Every bone in my body relaxes, I snuggle closer, let out a heavy breath and close my eyes.

***

Being in his arms is addictive. For the first time in a while I have difficulty opening my eyes, since I awake from a long deep sleep.

Liam's eyes are on mine and we lay there in silence for a second. He brings his hand to my face and brushes a few strands of hair behind my ear.

Gently he places a kiss on my forehead. In this moment I know that my heart is his and I don't care what he does with it.

I grab the sides of his face and press my lips to his. It feels so new and so good. I push myself onto my side and roll all the way on top of him.

Liam's eyes bug out of his head at the sight of me straddling him wearing only his shirt from last night and my underwear.

Just like I'd seen in movies, he looks at me with a curious anticipation until my lips are on his. Then on his neck sucking and licking towards his collarbone. I reach up and run my hands through his hair and grind against him capturing his lips once more.

His hands are in my hair, on my face, and finally, when I bite down a bit on his lip I earn an animalistic groan from him and his hands fly to my hips holding me still.

"Stop Evie, Fuck." He gasps, eyes dark.

I attack his lips again, relishing the feel of his mouth on mine. I hear another moan, this time from me though.

"Oh god, Evie." Liam's voice is pained. "Stop."

He pushes me off him, and I sit beside him completely embarrassed. Was I just rejected? After everything?

I wait for Liam to say something, but at the moment his head is in his hands and he's breathing deeply.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." I offer pathetically. I'm not sorry at all.

"Fuck Evie don't apologize. I just... you can't jump me like that. Not when you're laying in my bed wearing my clothes and looking like that. I can't control myself, I don't want to hurt you."

I offer him a smile and nod my understanding. Now I am a bit sorry. No way I'm ready to have sex with him...yet. That wasn't fair of me.

"I understand," I give him a smile.

"Come on, let me take you home."

"Okay." I can't hide the dorky smile on my face as I put my clothes back on from last night.

We tiptoe down the hall and my eyes linger a bit on Sam's closed door.

I almost fall down the stairs when I see the mess below, cups everywhere, a patch of broken glass and random people that invited themselves to stay the night passed out on any available surface.

"Careful," Liam warns me when I almost step in a glass pile.

On the way home I hold on extra tight to Liam as we fly down the street on his bike.