Twenty Nine

I love the feeling of her arms around me.

Takes me back to this morning when... fuck. I have never had a girl in my bed overnight and not fucked her by morning. Evie though, I liked having her in my arms. Her beautiful black hair tickling my chest was completely new. I can feel my dick hardening thinking about how confidently she swung on top of me and took control.

I shake my head, I need to calm down. If I crash and Evie gets hurt I'd never forgive myself. Things are too delicate right now between us, but I want them to be strong.

Having Evie on the back of my bike just feels right.

I have half a mind to just drive around as long as I can before she notices, I don't want to take her home yet. I have to though. I round the corner that leads down her street and pull into the driveway.

Neither one of us moves for a beat. Then Evie sighs and swings herself off, handing me the helmet. I put the kickstand down and get off too, setting the helmet on the seat.

"Thanks for staying over." I mumble, I really don't want to say goodbye yet. It feels wrong to. She glances at the house, then back at me.

"Do you want to come in?"  My heart leaps. Of course I do, a big smile spreads across my face. This girl...

But I'm scared. If I go in with her that means meeting her mom officially, as what? Her boyfriend? I'll probably be invited for brunch or whatever.

My smile falters.

"If you aren't ready to meet my mom I can bring you in the back?" She's so perceptive.

"Yeah why don't we do that for today." I agree.

Evie's eyes dance with mischief and she pulls me over to the side of her house where, tucked away, is a metal ladder up to the roof.

I glance at her. A wicked smile flashes on her lips and she begins to climb. She's so fucking beautiful.

I grab a rung and begin climbing after her. Evie waits for me at the top. Once I successfully scramble up beside her she pushes up onto her knees and goes through a window.

"Come in silly." Evie beckons. I follow after her.

When my long legs are straight on the floor again my heart skips a beat. I'm in her room.

It's open and big and bright. Just like her. The window we've come through is part of a turret-like window seat. From where I stand I can see her desk, a chalkboard and bulletin full of tasks and events. A plush rug lays beneath my feet once I take my shoes off. Her bed is big and decorated with a baby blue duvet, the tall ceilings guide my eyes to a staircase right there in her room.

Evie takes her shoes off as well and throws herself into the bed. I close my eyes for a moment to slow my breathing, next time I'm here I'll be throwing her onto her bed. Fuck, she really is a princess.

"Come here." She calls. I'm shaken from my stupor and I join her. Her bed is soft and she lays her head on my chest.

We're quiet. There's nothing to say. She feels right tucked to my side. I reach over and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, I move to kiss her but someone knocks on her door and she flies away from me.

"Go up the stairs!"

Something I never thought I'd hear while standing in someone's room. I dash up the spiraled case and through the trapdoor at the top. I shut it quietly behind me but not before I hear Walker start talking to her.

What an asshole. Literally go away.

No no. If I want Evie to be my... mine, then I have to start getting along with her brother

I sit up and calm myself, this room is- well I don't know what it is exactly, but there's couches and rugs everywhere. Christmas lights hang on the walls and a projector screen is set up. In the room above her room, Evie has a little kitchenette. There are pictures everywhere, polaroids and prints cover the walls. Pictures of Lauren, Mia, Oliver, Brandon, Boston, Camille and Her. Evie. Smiling in every single one, eyes bright with adventure. Even the one's (and there's several) of her lying in a hospital bed or in the older ones walking around wearing... is that a fucking crash helmet?

I have to physically restrain myself from going and looking for more clues around the room to see what's going in those pictures. She'll tell me when she wants to. They've all been really close for a long time.

I wonder if I'll earn the right to have a picture up here one day.

***

"I can't believe you wore that to Liam's party." Brandon sighs gesturing to the sheer top I'm still wearing.

"What about it?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Nothing, I just- I don't want you to grow up too quickly. I-" He clears his throat." I actually came to ask you if you were okay with me um dating Mia and bringing her to movie night as my girlfriend next week."

"Of course! I'm so excited for you guys. So everyone is gonna crash here after the Snow Ball?" I ask. My mind switches into entertainer mode already planning out what snacks to make.

Inside I am crying with excitement, for years I've been hoping they'd get together but now that they are I can't believe it! I want to verbalize my excitement, but I'm a little busy worrying about the sexy boy hiding upstairs.

"Yeah, I figured we'd all crash upstairs. Um, cool. I'm glad we talked." He turns to leave and I don't know what I'm thinking, but it comes out of me when I say:

"Actually, how would you feel about Camille bringing Asher too this weekend?"

"I really don't want him around here." Brandon's eyes get steely. I tread lightly and choose my next words very carefully.

"I know, but th-they're getting closer and I think she'd feel better if we included him."

"Okay, fine. For Camille, and for you I guess. He'd better behave though." He caves after a moment, hand on the bridge of his nose.

"Cool, cool." I say. He raises an eyebrow at me, it's clear I want to say more. I'm scared to open my mouth again but:

"And... How would you feel about me bringing Liamtomovienightasmyboyfriend." I mumble.

"What?" he steps closer to hear me. I really don't want to repeat myself.

"Since I'm being so forgiving about you and Mia, how would you feel about me dating Liam and bringing him to movie night as well." I cough out. I kick my feet at the carpet, fidgeting.

"Evie, tell me you aren't serious." He's getting angry.

"It could be an early Christmas gift?" I squeak.

"Why don't you just invite Sam too?" He shouts and stomps away.

I don't mention that Ollie probably would like that.

I gently close the door behind him and take a breath. Running a hand through my hair I walk into my closet and put pajamas on. I almost flop back onto my bed before I remember that Liam is upstairs right now. Ahh. I run up the steps and open the trapdoor.