Thirty Three

I'm practically bouncing in my seat as we pull into the parking lot. I'm glad I remembered my coat. It's snowing just as we'd hoped for pictures, the hour long drive to get here was worth it. Boston and Lauren are already outside taking their pinning pictures. I met Lauren ages ago, her and Boston started dating in freshman year and since he's best friends with Brandon it was only natural that Lauren and I became friends too, especially when Mia became co-captain of the cheer squad.

Mia and I run out of the car to watch them. They are so adorable, Boston slides the corsage onto her wrist then raises her hand up to his lips. Lauren's brother Sean takes it all in with his cameras. He has three different ones draped over his chest. 

Sean Elliot is a really prominent photographer in Somerset, he does urban, wedding, and engagement photography and in special cases photos for dances, I have no doubt that he came from a session and will be leaving for one when he's done with us. He's the only one Camille trusts to take her photos since "no one else can do it right".

My stomach is twisting in knots, Liam, my boyfriend, is gonna come and be taking pictures with me. We'll be all close and loving in front of everyone just like Boston and Lauren. I check my phone, it's 5:05. Mia and Brandon are starting their individuals. 

I hold the little plastic container with Liam's boutonniere in it. Snowdrops and light blue rosettes, my choice. I can't hide the smile that spreads on my face thinking about this whole thing. I've never had a date to take pictures with, and I've never actually gone to a dance before. For the first time I won't be a third wheel in this high school experience of my friends's. 

"Evie! Come here!" Mia calls me over. The three of us girls take pictures all together and I can't keep from smiling.  Sean instructs us to do a few poses, we hear a car door shut and out of no where Camille jumps in wrapping her arms around us. 

"Camille!" Lauren laughs. I can already tell what a good picture that will make. 

"Your necklace!" I exclaim looking at the diamond snowflake that hangs on a silver chain around her neck. "It's beautiful."

"Ash gave it to me," She blushes. I figured.

I hear the shuttering of the lens as Sean catches the four of us looking up at Asher who climbs out of the passenger side of his Porsche. He looks nervous with his hands in his pockets. I run and give him a hug.

"I'm glad you came." I say. "I see she said yes."

"Yeah, you were right." He chuckles. Then he gets a funny look on his face. "Who's the photographer?"

I turn to look at Sean with him. Camille has walked over and given him a hug, they were a thing a couple years ago but broke it off as friends. The two of them are no doubt talking camera things.

"That's Sean Elliot. Lauren's brother." I answer.

"Sean Elliot?" I can hear him searching for information in his head. "Oh yes, I'm familiar with his work." 

"Don't worry about it, go give her her corsage. It's you she likes." I assure him. He goes.

I'm getting worried, it's 5:15. 

Then I hear him, from a mile away. The sound of a motorcycle. Everyone stops what they're doing for a moment when he pulls up beside Asher's car. He pulls his helmet off and his crazy hair puts a smile on my face.

I walk over to him and hug him tightly. He looks amazing in all black complete with a bow.

"I missed you," I say for just him to hear.