Chapter Twenty-Two

Hermione awoke Saturday morning and blinked groggily, before turning towards Draco. One pale beam of sunlight was streaming through her window and illuminating his face. He lay there still sleeping, with a peaceful expression on his face, one arm casually wrapped around Hermione's stomach, holding her tight against his body.

It had been one of those rare nights where he had managed to sneak into her room. He had come in well after midnight and she had already been sleeping. He gently woke her as he climbed into bed beside her, pulling her close and wrapping his arms around her. The lion in her door had become so used to Draco's presence in her room that he didn't even growl at him anymore.

Hermione had never seen Draco sleep before. He was always awake before her and if she awoke in the middle of the night, she would find him wide awake in bed with her. She had seriously begun to wonder how one person could function on so little sleep and what potion he was using to keep himself awake all the time. It was refreshing to see him sleep and she took the time to study him. Hair mussed up in all directions, a shadow of a beard darkening his face. He always slept topless and she ran her eyes over the definition of his arms and chest. She had never noticed how long his eyelashes were before. She laid as still as possible not wanting to disturb him and hoping he would sleep as long as possible. As if he sensed she was trying to let him sleep, he started muttering softly and began blinking a few times. He turned back and forth between the window and Hermione, with a confused expression. "What time is it?"

"After 10."

Draco jolted upright making Hermione jump. "You're kidding?"

Hermione shook her head, "why? do you have some place to be?"

"No, it's just I don't remember the last time I slept this late." Draco started running his hand through his hair trying to flatten it back down. "Ugh," he groaned. "Theo and Blaise are going to be so suspicious that I missed breakfast."

"We could probably still make it in time if we get up now, but we'd have to hurry," Hermione suggested, as she started sitting up.

Draco reached towards her and gently pulled her back down until she was lying on top of him. "We could, or we could just assume, it's too late and make the best of a bad situation," he smirked, before guiding her head down until their lips crushed against each other. His tongue slowly started exploring her mouth, while his fingers wrapped around her hair. He suddenly shifted, flipping her over so he was laying on top of her, pinning her down, continuing the assault with his mouth. When he finally let up, they both laid there gasping for air. "Well, I don't know about you Granger, but I think that today is the perfect day for spending in bed," he whispered seductively.

Hermione let out a huge sigh. "Although that does sound like an excellent way to spend the day-"

"I know, I know, we have studying to do," he interrupted.

"Actually, what I was going to say, was that I have a surprise planned for you today."

Draco's head whipped towards her so quickly, she thought he was going to break his neck. "What is it?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

"You'll see. Now go get ready and I'll meet you in the Common Room shortly."

Draco reluctantly got out of bed and used the Homenum Revelio charm. "There are people out there Hermione. I guess we have no choice but to get back into bed together." He smiled, turning towards her as he started to sit back down.

"No way!" Hermione pushed him back up. "I'll go out there first and create a distraction. You sneak out when they're not looking."

"Really? That's your big plan? I thought you were the smartest witch in our year."