Chapter Twenty-Three

Hermione and Draco sat together in the back corner of the library at a cozy table together. Hermione was busy reading her copy of the Daily Prophet while Draco was trying to finish his Charms homework. Every so often Draco would lightly place his hand on Hermione's thigh and start faintly running his fingers up and down her leg, grazing her inner thigh while gauging her reaction. After he did this the third time she looked over at him trying to sound stern "Draco, I've read the same sentence ten times now. How am I supposed to get through this article if you're going to keep doing that?"

Draco feigned innocence. "Is there something I'm doing that you like Granger? Why don't you tell me what you like and we can see how much crazier I can drive you?"

Hermione huffed, trying to suppress a smile as she turned away from him. Positioning her body so her thighs were out of his reach. He immediately started caressing her back, gently massaging her neck as he moved back and forth between her shoulder blades. She looked over at him with an exasperated expression.

"What? You said I was distracting you by rubbing your leg, so I stopped. Now I'm rubbing your shoulders, that's completely different." She couldn't repress the groan that escaped as he massaged the knot out of her neck. "Come on Granger don't tell me you're not enjoying yourself," he smirked at her. "Why don't you help me with my Charms homework and then we can go back to your room and I can give you a proper massage."

"Is this only because you want my answers?" she asked eyebrows raised, as she stifled yet another moan.

"Only partially. Mainly it's because I can think of a lot more fun, we could be having, instead of sitting here doing homework."

Hermione stretched out her neck, letting her wavy hair sway across Draco's hand. "I'm not giving you the answers, but I agree a break would be nice." That was all Draco needed as he started quickly shoving his textbooks and scrolls into his bag and started to stand.

"Hi Guys! I'm so glad I ran into you. Hermione, I was hoping you could quickly help me with my Defense Against the Dark Arts homework." Ginny seemed to have materialized out of nowhere from behind one of the bookshelves and sat herself down next to Hermione.

"Actually Weasley, we were just going back to our Common Room."

"This won't take long Malfoy," Ginny responded sweetly. "I'm sure Hermione wouldn't mind helping me."

Hermione could visibly see Draco deflate and try to hide his scowl as he sat back down at the table and pulled his homework back out of his bag.

As Hermione explained the lesson from earlier that day, Draco returned to slowly rubbing circles on her thigh under the table. He stopped even pretending to do his homework as he just sat there staring at them, pretending to be engrossed in what Hermione was saying as she kept turning a deeper shade of red. Every time she stammered or stumbled over a work, Draco's smile would widen. He could tell she was becoming more and more flustered. She had tried to grab his hand under the table but he quickly pulled it away and continued stroking her leg.

Ginny seemed to be acting purposely obtuse, asking basic questions that Draco rolled his eyes at. He had never thought Ginny was dumb, it wasn't until he caught the evil glint in her eyes that he realized she knew exactly what she was doing. Draco repressed a chuckle, she should have been a Slytherin. The only one who seemed to be unaware of what was happening was Hermione, which seemed really imperceptive of her, but in her defense, she was quite flustered.

After what seemed like eons, Ginny finally put her papers away and started to rise. "Thanks again for the help Hermione. I really appreciate it. Harry is so good at this subject that I hate asking him any questions about it. Once I bring it up, he never stops talking and I can think of a lot more fun things to be doing with him other than talking," she grinned widely, winking at Hermione suggestively. Draco almost fell off his chair trying to hold in his laughter.