Chapter Thirty-Three

Draco couldn't move. He couldn't see anything. He couldn't hear anything. It was uncomfortable to not have any of his senses. The feeling of dread intensified in his stomach. He could feel himself breaking out into a cold sweat. He should have taken those letters more seriously. Why didn't he give that last letter to Professor McGonagall? These people were going to torture and kill him. Think Draco. He needed to escape. At some point they would remove these curses and that was his best chance. They would have taken his wand but perhaps he could get it back using wandless magic. He still wasn't very good at that, but he needed it to work this time. He could try apparating away but they most likely would have anti-apparition wards up. If he could get his wand back me might be able to fight his way out. Deep breaths. They wouldn't expect him to be able to do wandless magic. Well technically he still couldn't. The irony that this was one of the lessons him and Hermione were going to practice this afternoon wasn't lost on him.

He could tell he was being carried by magic. The trip was smooth. No jostling by people carrying him. They suddenly stopped. Calm Draco. Deep breaths. Focus on getting your wand. This is your chance. He was dropped roughly, the bag ripped from his head, the light blinding him for a second while he blinked rapidly trying to make sense of his surroundings. He could move again. He could hear again, there was laughter surrounding him, lots of voices, excitement. He stared up into the pleased grins of Theo and Blaise, who looked entirely too smug. "What the hell?"

"Welcome to Hogsmeade!" Theo exclaimed grandly, waving his arms around. He started laughing hysterically at Draco's expression.

"Mate, you have been spending altogether way too much time with Hermione lately. It was time to relax and enjoy a weekend off!" Blaise smirked. "You couldn't actually expect us to sit by and let you study today, when everyone was going to be here!"

Draco sat there speechless for a second before rising to his feet. "Let me get this straight, you kidnapped me from an afternoon alone with my girlfriend?"

"Did you just call Hermione your girlfriend?!" Theo squealed, reminding Draco of Ginny. "I can't believe The Draco Malfoy, is referring to a girl as his girlfriend. You're clearly whipped. A day away will be good for you!"

Draco looked back and forth between the two of them, ignoring Theo "You prats, Hermione was expecting me. She's going to think I stood her up."

"Don't worry Draco, it'll be fine. You know Hermione, she'll end up reading the entire library today by herself."

"Where's my wand?" Draco asked evenly.

"Don't worry, your wand is safe with us. We'll give it back to you as soon as the day is over."

Draco stood there calmly, his emotions well hidden, before suddenly jumping on Blaise and tackling him to the ground. They started wrestling while Theo cheered them on. Blaise finally pushed Draco off of him and jumped up, gasping, "you'll get your wand back later, for now, enjoy the day, and don't even think of trying to walk back to the castle, you're unarmed and we will both take you down."

Draco stood in front of them, teeth clenched, arms crossed in frustration, considering his options. "Draco!" A feminine voice rang out. He turned to find Ginny walking towards him with a reluctant Potter following and a scowling Weasley bringing up the rear. He never thought he'd be so happy to see those three, at the very least Ginny would get a message to Hermione for him.

"Hey guys!" Ginny greeted warmly as they approached. Potter and Weasley stood behind her quietly. "Where's Hermione? I thought you two were staying at school to study today?" Behind her Ron snorted.

"Something amusing Weasley?"

"Just that you must be dumber than I thought you were Malfoy. Forcing Hermione to tutor you on a Hogsmeade weekend."