[25] Instincts

A/N: you guys are so sweet! Here's another chapter let me know what you liked of it !!

[25] Instincts

It was curiosity that drove Mia to the training grounds where Saurus instructed the werechildren at the usual time of day. Jasmine didn't join her today. The squabble she had with the kids the day prior made her frightened of interacting with them again. They didn't like her. Jasmine was a women who got them in trouble with Alpha and made their training longer. She made the running more tedious. Saurus or not, Jasmine was unwelcome, and for this reason she refused to come with the kids present.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Like yesterday, the werechildren noticed her arrival and waved upon seeing her. Samuel was momentarily frozen when he saw her, struck by her attire enough that his mouth dropped. His eyes followed after her in a thirsty stare. He hadn't looked at Jasmine that way when she wore the off-the-shoulder dress. It took Mia shooing the kids to pay attention for him to straighten out again, and even then it took him a moment to re-start where he left off. The kids were giggling at their Alpha. He had never seemed so distracted before.

Watching them train was enjoyable. Since they had their 'Luna' as spectator they wanted to impress her by winning the fights and doing the best moves. When practice ended they scattered off to play, but not before showing off a few moves to her. One of the little girls had even ran inside and returned with a shiny apple. She wasn't good in her moves yet, so she figured giving her Luna food would compensate. It was the cutest thing ever, and Mia was glad to have the apple as it kept her hands from wringing together in restlessness.

Unlike yesterday Samuel hadn't left. He was a few feet off observing the kids interact with her. He looked to be waiting for his own turn to have her attention to himself. 

The moment they were gone he prowled to her like a slick animal. Mia feigned ignorance to his approach by biting from the apple. It was sweet, a few drops of its juice trailed down her chin. Mia wiped it and looked up when he was directly in front of her.

"Hi," she said lightly.

Saurus didn't greet her in return. He continued to stare as she took another bite. Mia wished he said something already. The first thing Rex advised to do was to show up in front of him with this blouse—just as Sammie had wanted.  

"You want some?" She asked, joking. It was really just a way to hide her nervousness.

Samuel enveloped her hand in his. With deliberate slowness he brought the apple to his lips, biting it exactly where she had just bitten and leaving an even larger mark in its place. The deep indent exposed the apple's core, much like how she felt right now. Exposed. He did this while watching her, not letting his eyes stray from her face.

"I was... kidding." She faltered.

"Don't offer what you aren't willing to give me." His grip slid up her arm, landing decidedly around her neck as he walked closer to her. He nudged her face to his, enough that their breaths intermingled. "I'll take everything you give me."

Mia bit her lip. Wrong move. Now his eyes focused there. Though perhaps that could be seen as an advantage. With that distraction she could move on to the second thing Rex told her to do: gain his full attention, then run.

Pulling away from him she darted to the trees. The leaves crunched beneath her feet, the air whipped at her hair behind her in curly tendrils that beckoned him to come closer. She dared look back and gasped when she saw him running after her. Mia propelled to go faster, even though she knew no matter how fast she went he would eventually catch up to her.