[26] Instincts II

A/N: Here's an update! Please comment and vote because its actually one of my favorite chapters, which means it might be yours too 😊 its longer than the last one LOL

[26] Instincts II

Never did she expect to find Samuel in her room. And worse in her half-naked state. He sat over her bed with his legs spread apart, watching her enter with heated eyes that were rather come-hither.

"Well, it's about time," he said.

"What are you doing in my room? Are you trying to give me a heart attack!"

"No, but you sure are." He walked around her, circling her with unhidden interest. "Giving me a heart attack, I mean. You made me chase you, and now I have an incessant need to follow you."

Mia bit her lips guiltily. She didn't know that feeling would stay with him the rest of the day.

"I'm sorry," she said, genuine.

"Here." He tossed her some clothes, one of which was actually his shirt.

It was funny. In all her years of knowing him they held many arguments, but she actually harbored a few of his articles of clothing. One of which included this shirt. He never asked for them in return. Looking back at it, it may have been intentional.

Mia caught the shirt and pair of shorts. When it came to her undergarments, he delivered them personally. It took effort to keep her face straight as he handed her a lacy ensemble. He sure took the time to find the matching pieces as her drawer had them spread quite messily.

He smirked. "You'll look nice in these."

Eyes widening, she grabbed them and tried to pretend she didn't have an overwhelming need to run to the bathroom and hide. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it to calm her rising blush. When he looked at her like that it really did things to her. He may just get an affirmative answer sooner than he thought.

Mia slipped on her clothes and blotted her hair dry. She moisturized it with some leave-in and left it just like that. If there's anything she appreciated of the Dark Falls pack is that they never cared to have their hair perfectly styled. Most of them only ever styled it in special occasions, but otherwise they weren't so nit-picky.

"Come here." Samuel said to her when she exited the bathroom.

"Why?"

Even in her question she went to him, drawn by the outstretched hand waiting for her.

"Sit."

She took a seat and he abandoned his. He crouched on the floor before her.

"What are you doing?"

"You're injured," he said.

He cupped the back of her calf and elevated her leg, bringing it closer to his face for inspection. With his other hand he held her foot. Mia peered down from the bed, she felt hypersensitive of every one of his touches.

"They're not too bad. Barely anything," she tried to say.

"I will fix them."

Samuel lowered his mouth to her ankle and began from there. With each swipe of his wet tongue each scratch was healed, her skin left clear and smooth. Mia fought from squirming in place. It was foreign to feel him doing this. She had inadvertently awakened another instinct—his need to heal her.

He switched to the other leg, doing the same as the other until he reached the last one on the side of her knee. When he finished he didn't separate from her. He rested his head on her lap and closed his eyes.