Chapter 9

A/N: NOT EDITED.... Hey everyone, thanks for reading, commenting, and voting too! I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far :) 

Chapter 9 (Gabriel POV)

Chelsea needed people in her corner, not just high numbers, but actual, care about her, stand up against me her mate to defend her people. So with 5’2” Greta, glaring me down, I could only smirk.

“You listen Gavino, you hurt that girl and I will get one of my boys to find you and bring you to me so I can kick your ass,” she said staying strong but I saw the worry in her eyes. She might not know the whole story, I’m not sure even Jay at this point knew the whole story but she knew that her friend was hurt. And the thought of her friend being hurt pained her.

“I will never do anything, especially intentional to hurt Chelsea,” I swore to Greta and myself self as well.

She nodded, “Good. We understand each other.” She turned away, but the pained look never left. I looked longingly at the door that separated me from my mate. I hated waiting.

“The more people around her the longer it took, did you tell him that?” I heard Casey speaking to Jack. I went to them and saw Moon-star asleep on one sofa, Casey holding a sleeping Ava on him and Jack next to him. Walking past them I went to the kitchen, to find Greta. To find Greta and whatever she was cooking, wolf thought.

I sat on the stool, watching as she prepared sandwiches.

“She is a white wolf.” Statement. Red flag statement. Take Chelsea and Ava, and run statement. I mean...  not what I was expecting, the only wolf that can heal the way Chelsea has is a white wolf so I’m not sure why the words bothered me- and then I knew why. It’s one thing to skirt around the fact but when someone wants you to face it head on. There’s a drop in your gut, uncertainty of another’s actions and how they directly impact you.

Trust Chelsea Max warned.

She’s unconscious… I’m thinking we trust our gut.

She read Camilla’s’ mind, he countered.

.

.

“Please tell me that she’s been a white wolf for more than two years?” she asked chin wobbling. Two years? Why would that matter?

“I believe so,” she nodded returning to the sandwiches and that left confusion. Major and complete bewilderment.

I watched her work, waiting for more. “How many packs in the world Gabriel?”

“80 packs. Largest is my fathers, smallest have maybe eight or nine.”

“How many wolves are women?”

“Well every 16 unmated men are two unmated women.”

“How many human women, out of 16 would you say survive the change? Or survive a werewolf birth?”

“Two out of 16…” that’s when the ball dropped.

“Whoever has a white wolf will have a larger pack, many think that if changed and you have a white wolfs blood in your system it’s a guarantee. No women will die if turned. Chelsea is the ticket to having power,” I said robotically, Maxs' anger increased and he fought for control. 

“No one knows if that’s even true!” I grumbled angrily, Greta just gazed up at me in pity returning to the cold cuts. 

Even with my outburst, I could already think of 6 Alphas, not to mention the rogues that would be as stupid as my father to come after Chelsea, just because she was a white wolf. Because they weren’t happy with just protecting their packs, or themselves, no. They wanted power and believed that power came in numbers. Then I thought back to Ava, how she was changed… she survived. Rian. She survived as well. What made them different than other women, resilient enough? Was it a trait? Or blood type?