Chapter 18

A/N:this story has not been edited.

Chapter 18 (Chelsea POV)

 I couldn’t tell who wanted to talk to me the most… Violet or Greta. I could feel their gaze shifting to me every so often. When Gabriel looked at me, or whispered in my ear. Soon his touches had my full attention, each touch a shock to my system, making my heart race faster before settling down. Until that was all I really heard, my heart and the sound of the electric shock like that sparked when he ran his hand over my thigh.

His right hand drawing circles at my knee.

Round.

Round.

Round.

The burn left in its trail, barely cooled before he started the circular tracing again.

Continuously, it went on, but I liked it. Innocent, but I felt it everywhere. I found peace, not just physically but mentally as well. In a short time, I also noticed that my wolves, spoke less, they weren’t as restless and feeling like they were afloat with no direction, they had a line now; something that tethered us down.

If what I dreamt was true, it didn’t matter because I was sure that Gabriel was my moon, my son and the air too. I ached for him. I had been aching for him my whole life but I just didn’t know it.

That new growth in understanding was overwhelming, the breeze in my lungs came rushing out and Gabriel’s’ hand stilled before resuming the ministrations. I could have been surrounded by a 100 people and I would never have felt this way without him. I stared down at my food, not really seeing it or even tasting it as I chewed. I had never belonged anywhere before, that is how I felt all my life. It is what made me get lost in my head, not knowing where I fit, just knowing that it wasn’t where I was.

.

.

“Chels! Chelsea!” someone said, but I didn’t look up or move Gabriel’s hand away.

“Yea?” I answered

“The house is on fire…”

“Thank you,” Another absentminded response, while I counted the completed circuit, while I concentrated on the man that grounded me.

“I want to make the living room a mudroom…”

“Yeah love it,” I sighed as let the words fall.

“DAMN!” Casey hollered.

“What the hell!” someone chimed in, while the rest laughed. Shaking my head I looked up and focused on Jack after glancing at Gabriel who was smirking but avoiding my eyes.

“What?” I asked confused, only causing more laughter from everyone, even Aria and Avena in my head.

“Tsk! Leave the poor girl alone… I was in the clouds when I first met my Zeke,” Greta admonished the room of… of children, I thought pleased. The silence that followed pleased me; I sent a grateful smile to her.

“Mama,” Ava tapped my shoulder to get my attention and subsequently everyone else’s as well. “We get muddy room?” she asked clearly ecstatic.

“What?” I questioned.

“You weren’t paying attention, so I asked if we could turn the living room into a mud pit-” Casey replied.

“Oh god no!” I cut him off my body shuddering but, I wasn’t interested in them questioning me about my distraction.

Or the source of it, Gabriel just enjoyed me being on edge, tightly wound up so that by the end of the day I was begging for some type of relief.