Chapter 5 - The promise

Mila's POV

Lucas looked at us, shocked. "Umm...I didn't know you have a boyfriend." He mumbled, trying to pull himself together.

"Yes, she has." Tristan intervened without letting me say anything. "Tristan Sullivan." He extended his hand towards Lucas, giving him a self-satisfied smirk, still holding me against his chest.

"Sullivan?" Lucas raised his eyebrow in surprise."The well-known playboy?" He added, giving Tristan a mocking look and shook his hand. "Lucas Warner, Mila's friend."

Tristan gritted his teeth as he gave Lucas a death glare. "I didn't guess you like reading gossip columns." Tristan commented sarcastically as he squeezed Lucas's hand tightly.

Lucas clenched his fist."I don't read gossip columns. But I have heard about your lifestyle from others a lot." He corrected coldly.

"Hmm." Tristan gave him a mocking smirk. "But I haven't heard about you." He said arrogantly.

"Tristan." I whispered, giving him a warning look.

"Umm....Lucas, I wanted to introduce you to someone. Could you come with me?" Jenna intervened as she felt the tension between Tristan and Lucas and dragged Lucas with her.

As soon as they walked away, I pulled away from Tristan, folding my arms over my chest.

"Tristan, why did you behave like this to Lucas?!" I hissed.

"I don't like this prick." Tristan stated, clenching his fist. "He looks at you like he wants to eat you." He added, frustrated.

"We are just friends." I informed and gave him a warm smile.

"But he likes you." He commented and gritted his teeth.

"But I love you." I confessed, giving him a bright smile and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He gave me his most charming smile and said as he wrapped his arms around my waist."I love you too." He brushed his lips against mine, kissing me in a demanding and fierce kiss.

"I hope you aren't so close with him because I don't want to see him around my girlfriend every day." He said firmly as he pulled back.

"Tristan! I told you we are just friends." I reminded.

"Whatever!" He mumbled.

I sighed, smiling."Come on, Mr. Grumpy. Let's dance." I grabbed his hand. He nodded, smiling.

****

I put on a black blouse and blue denim jeans. I put my hair in a messy bun and applied light makeup. I was going on a date with Tristan.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I grabbed it, smiling. He informed me that he was waiting for me in front of the mansion. I grabbed my phone and left my room.

"Are you going on a date with Tristan?" My mother asked as I was about to open the door.

I stopped and turned around. "Yes, Mom. We are going to the mall." I replied, giving her a warm smile.

"Good...umm...Do you remember your promise, honey?" She asked, giving me an uncomfortable look.

I bit my lower lip shyly, blushing. "Yeah, Mom. We didn't....do it." I mumbled shyly. She nodded and gave me a warm smile.

When I was in a high school, my mother asked me to promise her that I would wait till marriage for having sex. She didn't want me to treat the same path as her. I knew it was a touchy subject for her.

My mother got pregnant with me before getting married. When she told her boyfriend about her pregnancy, he told her that he wasn't ready to be a father and disappeared without even telling her goodbye. My mother felt devastated. Then she met Daniel, who accepted my mother with me. As much as there wasn't a blood relation between us, he took care of me like I was his own daughter. I really loved him and saw him like my own father. He was so affectionate, caring, thoughtful and understanding towards me. My mother and I were so lucky to have him in our lives.

My grandfather was his lawyer. Someone falsely accused him of stealing money from the shop he worked. My grandpa helped him and got him out of jail. Then my father started working as his driver where he met my mother. He supported my mother in her difficult days. A month later, they got married. In the beginning of their marriage, it was a marriage of convenience. After getting to know each other better, they fell in love with each other. Everyone thought I was his daughter, even Jenna and Tristan.

So I promised her. And I had still kept my promise. It was easy for me before Tristan. However, after meeting him, it was so difficult to keep my promise. There was a strong attraction between us. However, when I told Tristan that I wanted to wait till marriage, he respected my decision. It made me so happy, because it proved me that Tristan really loved me as he told, and he wasn't with me just for sex.

Tristan's POV

I got out of my car as I saw my beautiful girl coming towards me. She looked so beautiful as always. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her waist and brushed my lips against her tempting soft lips.

"I missed you." I admitted as I pulled back and cupped her cheek.

"So do I, my love." She said, giving me a dazzling smile.

I grabbed her hand and led us towards the car. I started the car and held her hand. She smiled at me. I brought her hand to my lips and placed a soft kiss on her hand. Then I placed our entwined hands on my thigh.

Once we finished our shopping, we went to the cafe. After spending some time at the cafe, we left. I held her hand as I headed us towards the exit.

"Tristan?" I stopped as I heard a familiar voice coming behind me.

We turned around and faced my mother approaching us. Mila instantly released my hand.

"Mom?" I mumbled, rubbing my chin and put my free hand into my pocket.

My mother turned her gaze from me to Mila, smiling. Mila bit her lower lip shyly.

"Will you introduce us?" My mother asked, looking at me.

"Umm...Sure." I cleared my throat and continued. "Mom, this is Mila, my girlfriend. And Mila, this is my mother, Claudia Sullivan." I said, placing my hand on Mila's lower back.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Sullivan." Mila gave her a shy smile.

"Call me Claudia, dear." My mother gave her a warm smile. Mila nodded, smiling.

Suddenly, my mother's phone buzzed. She pulled it out of her bag and looked at it.

"Excuse me, I have to go. My friend is waiting for me." My mother informed. "I am glad that I finally met you, Mila." My mother added softly.

"Me too." Mila gave her a polite smile.

"See you later." My mother said and left after giving me a sly grin.