Chapter 33 - The son

Tristan's POV

"Yes. He is your son." Daniel replied, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I was just staring at Joshua, frozen. Daniel was telling me something, but I just focused all my attention on my son.

Oh my goodness! My son! My own blood and flesh.

I walked towards them in slow steps. My movements were mechanical. Joshua was looking at me, extending his arms towards me as he quivered his lower lip. I gave him a warm smile and took him in my arms.

"My boy." I murmured softly as my eyes welled up.

I pressed him against my chest gently and placed a soft kiss on his head, breathing in my son's milky scent. My son. I couldn't still believe it. He was my son. Mine.

He gripped my shirt while tapping my lips with his chubby hand while babbling. I smiled, stroking his hair. I felt....so happy. The feelings I felt were indescribable.

I placed a soft kiss on his forehead, stroking his back gently as tears ran down my cheeks. I felt so emotional.

"By the way, Mila is getting a divorce." Daniel informed, giving me a sly smile.

I looked at him in surprise. I pursed my lips together, holding myself from smiling while trying to hide that I was happy. Freaking happy.

I cleared my throat and stroked Joshua's hair. "I amn't interested in it." I mumbled, trying to control my voice.

"If you say so." He commented, unconvinced and gave me a knowing smirk.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my son, smiling.

"Hey little munchkin." I cooed him, grinning. He babbled and gave me a cheeky grin.

"I will leave two of you alone. And could you drop him off the mansion?" He asked, giving me a cunning look.

"Umm...Sure." I mumbled.

He nodded with a self-satisfied expression on his face and left, living me alone with my little munchkin.

"My little munchkin, will you help Daddy with his paperwork?" I cooed him. He gave me a cheeky grin.

I carried him towards my desk and sat down on my seat. I placed him on my lap and stroked his silky brown hair. He babbled, tapping the desk. I grinned ear-to-ear. He extended towards my pen on the desk.

"Do you want to sign paperwork?" I cooed him and gave him the pen.

He grabbed it with his little hand and shook it, babbling. I smiled happily while watching my son. He extended the pen towards me, babbling. I grabbed it, making funny faces at him. He beamed at me.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. The door opened and Cody walked in.

"Oh..." Cody mumbled, looking at me, confused. Then a mischievous smirk appeared on his face. "Finally, someone left a baby at your door, didn't she?" He asked, smirking and placed his hands into his pockets.

I rolled my eyes. "Not she. A man left him." I replied, giving him a sarcastic smirk.

He furrowed his eyebrows, puzzled. I grinned at his expression and stood up. I carried towards Cody.

"My little munchkin, let me introduce you to Cody. It is your annoying uncle." I said, smirking.

Cody's jaw dropped in shock, staring at Joshua.

"I was just joking." He mumbled under his breath in astonishment without taking his eyes off Joshua.

"And Cody, it is your nephew, Joshua." I confessed and stroked Joshua's hair.

"Holy shit!" Cody exclaimed, running his hand through his hair. "You are joking, aren't you?" He asked, bewildered.

"No, I am totally serious." I replied, giving him a serious look. "He is Mila's and my son." I confirmed.

"What?!" He snapped in shock. "Oh my goodness! You have a son with your half-sister?!" He commented, horrified.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. "Mila and I aren't siblings. Mila isn't Daniel's own daughter." I informed.

He looked at me in astonishment, his mouth agape.

"Ok, you stay here and try to get rid of your surprise." I commented, giving him a teasing smirk. "I need to have a serious conversation with this little munchkin's mother." I added firmly.

"Let's go, my baby." I said to Joshua softly and carried him out, leaving Cody in my office, dumbfounded.

I opened the back door of my car. I traveled my eyes from the back seat to Joshua and vice versa. I ran my hand through my hair, thinking.

What am I going to do? It isn't safe to put him in the back seat without using a car seat? On the other hand, I can not hold him in my arms while driving.

"Sir!" The security guard called me as he rushed towards me, carrying a baby car seat in his hand.

"Yes?"

"Sir, Mr. Parker told me to give you the car seat." He informed.

"Oh...Thanks." I gave him a polite smile and grabbed the car seat.

"Our problem is solved, little munchkin." I cooed Joshua.

He beamed at me like he understood me. I smiled at him and put the car seat on the back seat. Then I placed Joshua in the baby car seat.

After being sure that Joshua was sitting in his car seat safely, I closed the door. I rushed towards the driver seat and got in the car.

I turned towards Joshua and said, smiling."Little munchkin, did you miss your mommy?" He babbled. I smiled at him. "Then let's go to your Mommy." I commented softly and gave him a radiant smile. I bit my lower lip, looking at him. I took a deep breath. "By the way, Daddy missed your mommy so much." I added, giving him a warm smile. He babbled while looking at me and put his fist in his mouth.

I smiled, straightening and started the car.

I was checking Joshua in the rearview mirror time by time while driving.

I beamed as I saw Joshua sleeping in his car seat when I checked him in the rearview mirror. He looked so cute. My little human.

I parked the car in front of the mansion. I breathed deeply, squeezing the steering wheel. I turned towards Joshua. He was awake. He was rubbing his eye.

I opened the door and got out of the car. I walked towards the back door and opened it. I took Joshua in my arms and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Then I walked towards the door, holding Joshua in my arms.

I breathed deeply and knocked on the door.