Chapter 16 - Cold war

Tristan's POV

I had been drinking since I walked into the nightclub. I felt tipsy. But I couldn't still get Mila and that bastard out of my mind. I couldn't bear to see another man beside her. I breathed deeply and placed my glass down on the bar counter loudly. I stood up barely and walked towards the exit. Suddenly, someone bumped into my shoulder.

"I am..."

"Watch out! Are you blind?!" I barked at the man who bumped into my shoulder and pushed his chest.

"Watch your language!" He hissed, looking at me with blazing eyes.

"Fuck off, bastard!" I snapped and walked towards the exit as I pushed him back roughly.

I was trying to pull my car key out of my pocket while I was standing barely.

"Hey!" Someone shouted behind me.

I turned around and saw the man at the nightclub with two men beside him. His expression was hard.

"I will teach you a lesson." He said, giving me an arrogant smirk and rushed towards me as he clenched his fist. I instantly grabbed his wrist and punched him. He lost his balance and fell down.

His men rushed towards me and grabbed my arms tightly.

"Let go of me!" I shouted, trying to get rid of their grip.

"You will pay for it." The man threatened me as he got up and rushed towards me. He started hitting my stomach while his men were grabbing my arms tightly.

"Is that all you can do?!" I smirked arrogantly.

"You asshole!" He snarled as his face got red with rage.

The men pushed me to the ground, and all of them started kicking me. I was laying on the ground while they were kicking, hitting me. I didn't fight back. I felt like by letting them hit me, I made them get Mila's revenge on me for making her heartbroken. My eyes were getting heavier. Mila's face appeared in front of me. My innocent angel!

A few minutes later, they stopped hitting me. The man, who bumped into me, leaned over me and grabbed my hair tightly.

"Now you will learn not to mess up with me!" He smirked cockily and pushed my head back.

Then they left, leaving me on the pavement. I groaned in pain, still laying on the ground. My vision was blurry.

"Tristan!"

I tried to open my eyes as I heard my name. My mind was fuzzy. I closed my eyes as I couldn't open them fully.

"Mila..." I mumbled.

"Tristan!" A man called my name again, anxiously as he tapped my cheek.

I opened my eyes barely and tried to identify who he was. But my vision was blurry. The man looked like Daniel Parker, but I wasn't sure. Then my vision darkened.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital. I got confused as I saw Daniel Parker in the room. I couldn't remember anything from last night. My mind was fuzzy.

What the hell is he doing here? And what happened to me?

"What happened to me?" I asked dryly as I wanted to sit up." Ahh." I groaned in pain and lay back.

"Don't get up." He ordered as he approached me."I found you lying on the pavement in blood yesterday. So I brought you here." He explained coldly. "What happened? Did anyone attack you?" He asked firmly, looking at me.

I ran my hand through my hair while trying to remember what happened last night.

Fuck! That sleazeball!

"It seems you are a more problematic troublemaker than I thought." He commented sarcastically.

I narrowed my eyes. He was getting on my nerves. I couldn't even bear to see his face.

"Why did you bring me here? You didn't need to." I said dryly.

He raised his eyebrows, surprised."You should thank me that I didn't leave you there helpless." He stated arrogantly.

I gritted my teeth."I would be more appreciative if you left me there. I don't want anything from you." I confirmed bitterly.

You should leave me there like you had left my mother and me before.

I hated him so much. As it wasn't enough that he left my mother and me, because of him I was forced to act like a bastard like him and hurt the woman who loved me. I hated myself as well because I had to act like him. If it was possible I would change my whole blood without thinking for a second. I hated sharing the same blood with him.

He frowned, puzzled."Do you...." He stopped as the door opened and my mother walked in.

"Oh my goodness! Tristan, what happened?" My mother rushed towards me, worried. "Who did it to you?" She asked, stroking my hair.

"Mom, I am okay. Don't worry." I assured her, giving her a slight smile.

"Did you do it to my son?" My mother snapped, looking at Daniel.

"Of course not! When I found him, he had already been in this state." He informed. "It seems your son didn't just hurt my daughter. I am glad someone could make him pay for his actions." Daniel added bitterly and gave me a dirty glare.

I clenched my fist. "Get out of here!" I snapped as I sat up. "Ahh." I groaned in pain, placing my hand on my stomach.

"Tristan, are you okay?" My mother asked, concerned."Please, lie down." My mother helped me to lie down.

Daniel frowned, shaking his head. "You hurt yourself as well with your reckless behaviors." He commented. I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

"Daniel, it will be better if you leave." My mother declared.

Daniel placed his hands in his pockets as he looked at my mother. "Are you sure you will not need any help here?" He asked. "I think you will need some help with this hothead champion." He added, giving me a teasing look. I rolled my eyes, clenching my fist.

"Thank you. I will handle." My mother stated firmly.

He nodded. "Ok then. Good luck with your son." He said, giving me an insulting look.

I gave him a dirty look, clenching my fist and wanted to get up. My mother gave me a warning look.

"Bye, Daniel." My mother said firmly.

"Goodbye." He muttered and left.

Finally!

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down. My mother stroked my hair gently, giving me a warm smile as she sat down on the chair beside me.