Chapter 14 - The pain in the eyes

Mila's POV

I stood up and started pacing back and forth in the bathroom. I ruffled my hair while tears were running down my cheeks non-stop.

"What am I going to do?...Oh my...How will I tell my mother? She will be disappointed in me." I breathed deeply, trying to calm down and placed the stick on the sink counter. I leaned my hands on the counter for support, breathing deeply. "Calm down, Mila." I closed my eyes.

I straightened and placed my hand on my stomach, looking at myself in the mirror. "I am going to be a mother. A mother." I rubbed it gently. " You know you could be the best birthday gift for your father. But now...I am not sure. " I murmured sadly, stroking my belly.

****

After getting ready, I looked at myself in the mirror and placed my hand on my stomach. I decided to tell Tristan about my pregnancy. Despite the fact that we broke up, he had rights to know about our baby. I couldn't keep my pregnancy from him in secret. But I was afraid of his reaction. I wasn't sure if he wanted the baby or not. Despite his decision, I would keep my baby. I couldn't do anything bad to my little one.

"I hope your Daddy will not freak out, my little one." I whispered, stroking my belly. I breathed deeply and grabbed my clutch. Then I left.

Tonight Tristan was celebrating his birthday at the nightclub. It was Cody's idea. He planned all things and invited Tristan's friends a few weeks ago. Cody wanted to make a surprise for Tristan, but he heard our conversation and found out about Cody's surprise. So I went to the nightclub.

The taxi driver parked the car in front of the nightclub. I felt so nervous. My heart was pounding. I breathed deeply and got out of the car. I squeezed my clutch tightly and entered the nightclub in slow steps.

Tristan's POV

I was sipping my whiskey while looking at the people having fun. I wasn't in the mood to celebrate my birthday, but Cody almost dragged me here. Sometimes he could be annoyingly persuasive.

My eyes widened in surprise as I saw Mila at the entrance. What is she doing here? Yes, Cody had invited her when we were still dating, but I didn't think she would come. Damn! I missed her so much. She looked so beautiful.

Get a grip, Tristan! She is your sister. Don't forget it.

She was looking around, searching for someone. Most probably, me. When she found me, she looked at me, letting our eyes meet. After looking at each other for several minutes, I decided to approach her.

When I approached her, she gave me a slight smile. I placed my hands into my pockets and looked at her with a blank expression.

"What are you doing here?" I asked dryly.

"...Happy Birthday!" She mumbled nervously.

"Thanks. But it would be better if you didn't come." I said, looking into her beautiful eyes.

She gave me an offended look. "I have to tell you something. It is important." She muttered shyly and bit her lower lip.

I frowned. "Mila, there is nothing left to talk about. We broke up." I reminded.

"Tristan, please, listen to me. I am pre...."

"Enough, Mila! Don't you get it?! I don't want to see you nor hear anything about you. It is over! Are you a dumb?! We broke up." I barked at her.

Tears shimmered in her eyes as she looked at me, heartbroken. "Tristan. .." She mumbled and pursed her lips together, fighting back her tears.

Please, forgive me. But I have to do it to keep you away from me.

Seeing her in this state made my heart sink. I hated myself for making her cry. I could move mountains to make her happy, but now I made her cry. The reason for her tears was me. Now I became a fucking bastard like....him. Like father, like son. I said mockingly with my inner voice. I acted like the man who I hated more than anything in this world. But I couldn't tell her the truth. Especially after our passionate nights. It would be more painful for her if she found out who she gave her virginity. More than the breakup with some bastard. It would be too much for her. I couldn't bear to see it. I prefered she hated me than knowing this awful truth.

"You bruised my ego. I always got every woman I wanted with just a snap of my fingers. But you were different. You didn't look like them. So you aroused my curiosity. After I got what I wanted, I got bored with you." I lied, trying to control my voice. Meanwhile, my own words shattered my heart into a billion pieces.

She was staring at me, full of disappointment and sadness in her eyes while tears were running down her cheeks.

"Yes, when we were together, I was happy. And for a moment, I thought I was in love with you. But then I understood that I was never in love with you, and it was just a matter of pride, nothing else." I said arrogantly, trying to hide the pain in my eyes. She looked at me, crying without saying anything.

Please, don't cry, baby. Forget me! Forget this bastard!

Suddenly, I noticed Naomi walking in. The idea came into my mind.

"Naomi!" I called her, smiling.

"Hey, happy birthday!" She exclaimed happily as she approached me.

"Thanks, sweetheart." I said as I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

Naomi gave me a questioning look. I ignored her gaze and looked at Mila. She was looking at us in shock. The sadness clouded her features.

Forgive me, but I have to.

In a flash, I brushed my lips against Naomi's lips as I tightened my grip around her waist.

I pulled back as I saw Mila rushing out. I clenched my fist, watching her leave. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes and ran my hand through my hair.

"I am sorry, Naomi." I gave her an apologetic look.

"Why do you do it? You love her too. I can see it in your eyes. Hurting her makes you hurt as well." Naomi commented, confused.

I sighed, looking away. I shook my head and said. "Let's go."