Chapter 13 - The fight

Tristan's POV

"Hmm...It seems she is a special girl for you, or she disturbs you too much because you bothered to play this game." She commented. I breathed deeply, looking away with a gloomy expression."Oh. From your expression, I guess it is the first one." She gave a knowing smile.

"Umm...I think we will need to repeat it one more time. I will inform you if we need to repeat it." I informed nonchalantly.

She nodded and stood up, grabbing her bag."Ok. See you later." She gave me a warm smile and left.

I took off my tie as I walked into my penthouse. I threw it onto the couch as I went to pour a glass of whiskey for myself.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and took a sip from my drink. It was a security guard. He informed me that I had a visitor. I gritted my teeth as he informed me that it was Daniel Parker.

What the hell does he want from me?

Despite the fact that I didn't want to see his face, I told the security guard to let him in. I drank all of my whiskey in a sip and put it down on the table. I approached the elevator and started waiting for him.

I clenched my fist, trying to hold my anger towards this man as he walked in. He approached me, throwing me a murderous glare.

"How did you dare to hurt my daughter?" He barked. His face was red with rage.

I clenched my jaw, clenching my fist so tightly. I was holding myself hard.

I hate this man! I hate him so much.

"It is between Mila and me. Mind your own business!" I said nonchalantly, looking into his eyes.

"You bastard! I have felt since the beginning that you are a spoiled, arrogant brat." He snarled.

I gave him a mocking smirk as I placed my hand into my pocket.

"If you finished, you can leave. I don't have time for bullshit. I have more important things to do than listening to you." I said arrogantly.

"How you dare! I am going to kill you." He hissed in frustration and grabbed my collar.

"Take your hands off me!" I demanded, giving him a death glare.

"I will make you pay, you bastard!" He threatened me.

"Enough!" I pushed him back roughly."Get out of my house! If you don't, I will call the security guards." I warned him, furious.

"What is going..." My mother didn't finish her sentence as she saw Daniel Parker in my penthouse. She looked at him, stunned.

Daniel looked at my mother in shock, his mouth agape.

"Mom, not now." I said without taking my eyes off Daniel Parker.

"What?! Is she your mother?" Daniel asked, astonished as he turned his gaze from her to me.

"Get out of my penthouse! I will not repeat myself." I warned him in a bossy tone, looking into his eyes confidently.

He ignored my warnings and turned towards my mother.

"You wanted revenge. Because of that, you asked your son to seduce my daughter. How pathetic!" He snapped, giving her a disgusting look.

"Watch your language! You can not talk to my mother like this." I barked at him and rushed towards Daniel to punch him.

My mother grabbed my arm, stopping me and gave me a begging look.

"Mom!" I hissed under my breath.

"Tristan, calm down." She demanded in an authoritarian tone. I frowned, annoyed.

She pulled me back and stood in front of me, facing Daniel Parker.

"I didn't ask Tristan to do anything like that. On the contrary, when I learnt whose daughter she was, I objected to this relationship." My mother confessed with a stone cold voice.

Daniel gritted his teeth without taking his eyes off my mother. Then he turned his gaze from her to me.

"If I see you beside my daughter, I will kill you with my bare hands." He threatened me, giving me a death glare.

I gave him a mocking look. "Why do you wait? Try it now! And see what I will do to you." I gave him an arrogant smirk.

"You bastard!" He barked and rushed towards me. I clenched my fist and approached him.

"Daniel! Tristan!" My mother shouted, trying to separate us.

"Tristan!" Cody rushed towards me as soon as he walked out of the elevator and grabbed my arm, pulling me back. "Calm down." He said, still holding my arm tightly.

"Let go of me, Cody!" I shouted, trying to release his grip around my arm.

"Tristan, enough!" My mother ordered. "Cody, take him to another room!"

"Ok, Mom." Cody nodded, still holding my arm tightly.

"No!" I hissed and gave Cody a warning look as he wanted to pull me towards the study room.

"Daniel, it is enough! Stay away from my son!" My mother demanded."I promise you I will keep him away from your daughter. And you, please, keep your daughter away from my son too." My mother added confidently. Daniel breathed deeply and left without saying anything after giving me a stern look.

I pulled my arm away roughly and ran my hand through my hair, closing my eyes. I was breathing slowly, trying to calm down.

"Tristan." My mother said softly as she approached me.

I pulled back as she wanted to stroke my cheek and stormed out.

Mila's POV

I stretched out before opening my eyes. I sighed, staring at the ceiling. Today was Tristan's birthday. I started planning how we would celebrate this day more than two weeks ago. But now I was laying in my bed, depressed. And all these plans went down to the plughole with my dreams about the future with Tristan.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea flooded over me. I got up quickly, covering my mouth with my hand and rushed into the bathroom.

After vomiting, I washed my face. I placed my hand on my stomach while looking at myself in the mirror, stressed.

Please, no.

I breathed deeply as I opened the drawer and grabbed a pregnancy test with my trembling hand. I bought it yesterday, but I didn't have courage to do the test.

I was staring at the stick, biting my lower lip nervously. My heart was pounding. My eyes welled up.

Please, no. I repeated these words again and again with my inner voice.

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped, covering my mouth with my free hand as two pink lines appeared on the stick. "No!" Tears ran down my cheeks.