Chapter 10 - The parents

Tristan's POV

As her father walked away, I breathed deeply.

"Let's go." Mila said, giving me a bright smile and approached the car.

I was lost in my thoughts while driving. I was thinking about her father. Did he like me? He was cold towards me. He looked intimidating. Will he not approve our relationship? If he doesn't... I can not live without Mila. I love her so much. I tightened my fingers around the steering wheel as I gritted my teeth.

"Tristan, are you okay? You look tense." Mila asked, concerned as she placed her hand on my thigh.

"Hmm..." I looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked, worried.

"Umm...Yeah...I am." I mumbled and breathed deeply, trying to relax.

"Hey, did my father scare you?" She teased me, giving me a mischievous smirk. "Aww, poor boy!" She exclaimed, amused.

"Mila!" I warned her, giving her a dirty look."I didn't. I just felt...nervous." I mumbled.

No way! Why should I get scared of him? He is a normal person like me and others, excluding he is the father of the girl I love so much. If he doesn't like me, he can intervene in our relationship. Could he convince Mila to break up with me if he doesn't like me? No, Mila loves me. And why should he do it? I was a suitable boyfriend for her daughter. He will not be against our relationship. Yes, Tristan, as much as he doesn't know about your countless affairs. I frowned, shaking my head to get rid of these thoughts.

"Hmm." Mila gave me a sly smirk. I frowned, annoyed.

Finally, we arrived at our destination. I got out of the car and gave my key to a valet. I opened the door for Mila and extended my hand towards her. She smiled and held my hand as she got out of the car.

Suddenly, she felt dizzy. I immediately caught her by wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Are you okay, Mila?" I asked, worried.

"Yes. I didn't eat anything this morning." She replied, ruffling her hair as she leaned against me.

"Ok. Come on, let's have lunch. You should take care of yourself." I said, concerned as I helped her to walk inside.

****

I closed the file in front of me on my desk and ran my hand through my hair. I felt so tired, but I had another meeting in an hour.

I grabbed my phone and called Mila as I stood up. I placed my free hand into my pocket and approached the large window.

"Hey. How are you?" Mila said cheerfully.

"Hi, baby. Fine. You?" I asked.

"Fine. I was just leaving the company." She informed.

"Really?! Great! How about a dinner in my penthouse? Then a movie and popcorn? And cuddle?" I asked, smiling.

"I really want, but unfortunately, I have to attend a charity ball with my father tonight. I am sorry. Because of that, I left early. I need to get ready. And I cannot ditch him, because it will be the first time that I accompany him." She replied sadly.

"Oh, ok. Don't worry. We will meet tomorrow then." I said.

"Yes, I am free tomorrow. " She informed softly.

"Perfect. See you. I love you." I said, smiling.

"I love you too. See you tomorrow. "

I smiled and put my phone into my pocket.

****

After having dinner with Mila, I dropped her off their mansion. Then I went to hang up with Cody. He was waiting for me at the nightclub. After greeting each other, we ordered two glasses of whiskey for ourselves.

"How is it going on with Mila?" He asked, giving me a mischievous grin and took a sip from his drink.

"Perfect." I grinned sheepishly.

"I guessed. Because of her, I lost my partner in crime. Now, I play in the field alone and try to satisfy chicks in your place too." He said arrogantly and winked at me.

"You are hopeless." I shook my head, grinning.

After chatting with Cody, I went to my penthouse. More correctly, I left him alone as I noticed he had been suffering while staring at a girl in an ultra mini black dress who couldn't take her eyes off Cody. Besides, I had a meeting early tomorrow morning. If someone told me that I was going to be a workaholic and fall asleep early without staying awake till dawn in the bed with different women every night, I would laugh. What are you doing to me, Mila? I smiled, shaking my head.

I collapsed onto the couch, throwing my suit onto the couch and closed my eyes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. I saw a lot of missing calls from my mother. My phone was on silent. I forgot to put it in a ring mood after the meeting. I called my mother.

"Tristan, where the hell are you?" She snapped as soon as she picked up the phone. "Why didn't you pick up the phone?"

"I was with Cody. We were at a nightclub. My phone was on silent." I replied. "Are you okay? What happened?" I asked, concerned.

She breathed deeply. "We need to talk. I am waiting for you in the mansion. Hurry up!" She demanded.

"Mom, can we talk tomorrow? I am tir..."

"No!" My mother cut me off. "It is urgent. I am waiting for you now." She said and hung up without letting me say anything.

What is going on?

I breathed deeply and grabbed my suit. I put my phone into my pocket as I left the penthouse.

I parked my car in front of the mansion and got out of the car as I grabbed my suit.

"Welcome, sir." The housekeeper greeted me, giving me a smile as she opened the door.

"Where is my mother?" I asked.

"She is in the study room, sir." She replied.

I nodded and went towards the study room. I knocked on the door and walked into the study room. I closed the door behind me.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked as I approached her.

"Sit down!" She ordered, gesturing to a vacant chair.

I nodded and sat down on the chair. "Yes?"

She breathed deeply and entwined her hands on the desk. "I want you to break up with Mila." She said in an authoritative tone.