Chapter 23 - The Encounter

Mila's POV

He was staring at me, surprised. Oh, how much I missed him. He looked so handsome as always. He wore a black shirt and light blue denim jeans.

"How are you?" I asked, giving him a warm smile.

"Fine. Thanks." He replied huskily, plunging his intense gaze into mine. "What are you doing here? Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Umm...yeah." I replied as I tried to hide the sonogram, but I was late; Tristan had already seen it. His expression changed instantly. He looked at me, stunned. Sadness clouded his features.

"You are..." He muttered. His voice was barely audible.

"...Yes." I mumbled and bit my lower lip nervously.

"...Congratulations." He mumbled, forcing a smile. "You will be a great mother." He added, full of sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you." I muttered.

He bit his lower lip and said. "Cody...he told me you came to see me in the hospital. You should not." He said, dryly.

"I couldn't do otherwise. I wanted to see you. I was worried about you. I needed to see you with my own eyes." I admitted honestly.

He gave me a sad smile. We were looking at each other without saying anything.

"Mila?" My mother approached and looked at us, surprised.

"Tristan. How are you?" My mother asked.

"I am fine. Thanks." Tristan replied without taking his eyes off me. I bit my lower lip nervously under his gaze. "Umm...I have to go. Bye." Tristan mumbled and left without letting me say anything.

I rested my hand on my stomach while watching his leave sadly.

"Mila." My mother placed her hand on my back and gave me a compassionate look.

I averted my gaze, biting my lower lip. I cleared my throat and asked. "Did you tell Dad that I am okay?"

"Yes, I talked to him. He told me that I brought you to the mansion. You will stay with us in the mansion till Lucas comes back." She said firmly. I nodded.

Five months later

I was rubbing my swollen stomach, smiling while leaning against the headboard. I looked forward to holding my baby in my arms. My due date was so close. I had already chosen the name for my little boy.

Since our encounter in the hospital, I hadn't seen Tristan again. I heard that he went abroad, and he hadn't come back yet. It had been almost five months.

I winced, placing my hand on my bump as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I had been feeling cramps since yesterday.

As the pain repeated, I got up slowly and called Lucas. When I wanted to go downstairs, I felt water running down my legs.

"Lucas!" I screamed in panic and leaned my hand against the wall for support as I felt another sharp pain while my hand was resting on my bump.

"Mila, what happened? Are you okay?" Lucas asked anxiously as he rushed into my room.

"Lucas...my water..." I mumbled nervously.

"Ok, calm down. We are going to the hospital." He said and helped me to walk.

****

"Push again." The doctor demanded.

I pushed, screaming while closing my eyes shut.

It had been more than ten hours since I had contractions. I felt so tired.

"Push hard, Mila. I see his head. Come on." The doctor said.

"Ahh....get him out of me!" I screamed through gritted teeth as I pushed again.

Suddenly, I heard a baby cry. My boy. My little one.

"How is my son?" I asked anxiously.

"He is a healthy little boy." The doctor replied, giving me a warm smile.

I smiled, relieved as the tears of joy ran down my cheeks.

After the nurse had cleaned my son, she gave me my little one. I held him in my arms carefully.

"Hi, Joshua. It is Mommy." I said softly and placed a soft kiss on my son's cheek.

I stroked his brown hair while staring at my baby, mesmerized. I grinned as he grabbed my finger. I placed a soft kiss on his forehead. He was a mixture of Tristan and me. He had Tristan's hair colour, nose, dimples and my lips. I smiled as the flashbacks played on my mind.

Flashbacks

I was laying on the bed, resting my head on his bare chest. Meanwhile, his arm wrapped around me protectively while he was stroking my hair with his free hand.

I cupped his cheek and stroked it gently. He gave me his charming smile, showing me his dimples. I smiled as I leaned over him and placed a soft kiss on his dimple.

"I like your dimples." I confessed, stroking his cheek tenderly while looking at him affectionately. He smiled at me and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "I am jealous. They look so cute. I always like people with dimples. I wanted to have dimples too. I pressed my fingers into my cheeks, thinking I could make dimples in my cheeks in childhood." I confessed.

"Hmm...But they are mine." He said, amused and winked at me playfully. "I couldn't help to make dimples in your cheeks." He stroked my cheek with the back of his hand while looking at me affectionately. "But maybe our children will have dimples." He added softly, looking into my eyes and placed his hand on my stomach. I averted my gaze, blushing. He cupped my chin, lifting my head up and brushed his lips against mine.

****

I smiled as tears ran down my cheeks and stroked my son's cheek affectionately while he was laying in my arms, his eyes closed.

My little son.

****

I was laying in the hospital room while holding my sleeping baby in my arms. I couldn't take my eyes off him for a second like I was enchanted by my little one. I stroked his cheek with my fingertip gently. It was an indescribable feeling. I felt so happy and powerful. It felt like I could do everything to protect my little one.

"Mommy loves you, my treasure." I whispered softly and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.