Chapter 22 - The pain

Three weeks later

Tristan's POV

I was laying in my bed, leaning against the headboard. I left the hospital yesterday. I felt better now. But the doctor told me that I should have bed rest. As much as I didn't want to stay in bed, my parents didn't let me. My mother acted like I was a child.

All my friends, relatives called my parents or me asking how I was, and they visited me, excluding Mila. Yes, I knew I hurt her badly, but I still waited for her to call me at least. Every time my phone rang, I grabbed it, hoping it was Mila.

Why should she care about me? Now she probably was busy with her lovely husband.

I breathed deeply, running my hand through my hair. Even thinking of it made my heart sink.

My Mila was another man's wife now. He touched her, made love to her, she moaned softly while he was giving her pleasure.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist in grief. My wounds from the accident had passed, but my heart....it was still bleeding.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Come in."

The door opened and Cody walked in. He closed the door behind him and approached me.

"How do you feel?" He asked as he sat down on the couch.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Do you have any pain? You don't look good." He asked, concerned.

"I don't." I sighed, depressed.

"You think of Mila, don't you?" He asked, giving me a compassionate look.

I looked away as sadness crossed my features.

"Why should I?! She is so busy with....entertaining her husband." I mumbled dryly."She didn't even bother herself to call and ask about me; if I died or not." I commented mockingly.

"Umm....Actually, she came the following morning of your accident." He confirmed.

I looked at him, surprised. She came? My heart filled with happiness.

"But..." He paused, running his hand through his hair.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"Mom....she was harsh towards Mila. She saw Mila leaving your room and told her awful things. Fortunately, I intervened in time and separated them. Mom was hard on her while she was pleading that she didn't do anything bad to you and she was innocent." He informed.

I could guess what kind of things my mother told her. Even she was harsh towards me while lecturing me how dare I could try to commit suicide and so on after I opened my eyes in the hospital.

"Umm...Mila, how was she?" I asked, concerned.

He breathed deeply and replied ."She looked bad. Her face was white as a sheet. She was crying non-stop."

Mila's POV

Two weeks had passed since Tristan left the hospital. I felt relieved. I was so worried about him that he couldn't wake up. Fortunately, he opened his eyes. I called the hospital every day and asked about his health. I wanted to visit him as well, but I knew that his mother wouldn't be happy to see me there.

I stroked my slightly showing stomach while looking at myself in the mirror.

Lucas and I announced to our parents that I was pregnant. But we lied about how far along I was pregnant. They were so happy.

Lucas had been abroad for two days. He had a meeting there. My parents suggested me to stay in their house while Lucas isn't home, but I refused. But they didn't let me be alone, visiting me or calling me. My mother was visiting me today.

When I wanted to go downstairs, I felt dizzy. I leaned my hand against the wall for support. Today I didn't feel good. I had been throwing up since I woke up.

As my dizziness passed, I went downstairs.

After having breakfast with my mother, I went to my room to call Jenna. I asked her to call Cody and ask him about Tristan's well-being.

After talking to Jenna, I placed my phone down on the bedside table. She told me that she talked to Cody, and he told her that Tristan was fine.

Suddenly, I felt nauseated. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed into the bathroom.

After throwing up, I washed my face. I didn't feel better. I leaned against the sink counter, placing my hand on my stomach as my head spun. My vision was blurry. I walked out of the bathroom barely while leaning my hand on the wall for support.

"Mom." I called my mother, worried.

I pressed my hand on my stomach slightly as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. My head was still spinning. Suddenly, my vision darkened.

When I opened my eyes, I was laying on my bed.

"Mila, how do you feel?" My mother asked, worried while holding my hand in her hands.

I ran my hand through my hair while trying to remember what had happened to me.

"I had dizziness. And I felt a sharp pain in my stomach." I informed and placed my hand on my stomach protectively.

"Oh...Ok, let's go to the hospital. You need to have a check up." My mother said, concerned.

I nodded. I was worried about my baby. I felt those kinds of pains in my stomach a few times. I hoped that my baby was fine.

I felt relieved as the doctor informed me that my baby was fine. She told me that it was related to stress because of that I felt bad.

Fortunately, my mother didn't find out about how far along I was. While I was getting ready, my mother was waiting for me outside. Then I took advantage of it and asked the doctor to keep how far along I was pregnant in secret.

My mother's phone rang as soon as I left the doctor room.

"It is your father. I have to pick it up." My mother informed.

"Ok, I will grab a glass of water while you are talking on the phone." I informed. She nodded and picked up her phone.

I looked at my baby's sonogram, smiling while walking towards the exit. Suddenly, I bumped into a hard surface.

"I am sor...." When I lifted my head up, my eyes widened in surprise. "Tristan?" I mumbled.