Chapter 19 - Grieve

Mila's POV

Today I had a doctor appointment. I was so excited to see my baby as well as nervous.

As the nurse called my name, I stood up and walked into the room.

I was staring at the screen, biting my lower lip nervously while the doctor was checking my baby.

"Look, it is your baby." The doctor said, smiling as she pointed to a white dot on the screen.

"My baby." I muttered, smiling while looking at the screen as my eyes welled up in happiness.

"Everything looks normal. You are fourteen weeks pregnant." She informed me while my eyes were glued to the screen.

****

I rubbed my eyes and opened them. The sun was shining through the windows, lightening the room.

Today was my wedding day. I had to get up early to get ready, but I didn't want to leave my bed.

"Come on, Mila. It will not change anything." I said and breathed deeply.

I pulled the cover away and got up. I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After getting me ready, everyone left my room. My mother went downstairs to inform my father that I was ready.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hairstyle, makeup and gown perfectly suited a bride, excluding the sadness in my eyes. I breathed deeply. I never imagined that I would be sad on my wedding day.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Ahh." I screamed in pain and placed my hand on my stomach. "Please, don't scare me, my baby." I pleaded, breathing deeply.

A few seconds later, it passed. But my face was still pale.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. The door opened and my mother walked in. She gave me a warm smile and approached me.

"My beautiful girl." She said softly, placing her hands on my arms as she looked at us in the mirror.

"Thank you, Mom." I gave her a half smile.

She sighed and asked."Are you sure? You can still change your mind."

"Mom, I am sure. I will marry Lucas." I replied as I turned around. "Don't worry. I will be happy." I added.

I hope.

The driver parked the car in front of the church. I felt so nervous. My hands were cold and sweaty.

"Mila." My father called me, interrupting my thoughts. "I supported you with your decision because I wanted you to be happy. I have known Lucas since his childhood. He is really a good man. And I am sure he will take care of you very well." He confessed.

"I know, Dad." I murmured.

"But from your expression, I am not sure about it anymore. When I look at you, you are always lost in your thoughts. You are sadder than before." He said softly.

I averted my gaze, biting my lower lip nervously.

"If you aren't sure about this marriage, just tell me. We will immediately leave." He suggested.

I gave him a soft smile."Thank you, Dad." I breathed deeply and continued. "But I will marry Lucas."

He nodded. "Then it is a pleasure to walk my beautiful daughter down the aisle." He said softly as tears shimmered in his eyes. I gave him a slight smile.

I took my father's arm as we stood in front of the door. My legs were shaking. I felt so nervous. My heart was pounding like crazy. I was squeezing my wedding bouquet tightly.

"Are you ready?" My father asked.

I took a deep breath and replied. "Yes."

As music played, we started walking down the aisle. I clutched my father's arm for support; my legs were shaking.

Lucas was looking at me with a radiant smile on his face. I forced a smile while walking towards him in slow steps.

Tristan's POV

I was staring at the ceiling while laying on my bed. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I felt shitty. Besides, my head was pounding.

Today was Mila's wedding day. She was getting married to that bastard.

I knew that she would get married to someone eventually. But hearing it caught me off guard. It was so sudden. I couldn't have prepared myself yet. I couldn't still forget her, but now I had to bear this pain as well. But it was so heavy on my heart. I felt like I was dying.

Get a grip, Tristan! She is your sister and now she is getting married. Be happy for her!

I breathed deeply and pulled the cover away angrily. I sat up on the bed and held my head between my hands.

But how can she get married to that bastard right away after our breakup? How can she forget me easily? Didn't she love me?

I took a deep breath as I got up and went to the bathroom.

I parked my car in front of the church where my....Mila was getting married. I squeezed the steering wheel tightly while staring at the building.

There was a tight knot formed in my throat. It felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. My heart tightened.

I breathed deeply and got out of the car. I walked towards the church barely. My heart was pounding like crazy.

I stood behind the pews without drawing attention. Everyone focused their attention on the groom and bride. The most beautiful bride ever. She looked breathtaking in her wedding gown.

I dreamt of her in a wedding gown several times. I would never take my eyes off her while my bride was walking down the aisle. Meanwhile, my heart was pounding in excitement. She would give me her dazzling smile, vanishing my nervousness. But now....there was another man beside her. The man who lived my dreams instead of me.

I tightened my fist as I looked at them. My heart tightened in sorrow. It was unbearable. Seeing the woman I loved to the Moon and back was getting married to another man.

Get a grip, Tristan! She is your sister. Your sister.

Tears ran down my cheeks while I was staring at them.

I lost her. My soul. My love.