Gifted

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun's gifted cutie.

- - - - - - - -

For once, Baekhyun's not eating lunch with them. He said something about a phone call or whatever. Chanyeol didn't try to listen much, partly because he kind of didn't want to know--since he already had a feeling about it anyway.

Jongin and Sehun are huddled together as Sehun's scrolling through something on his phone. It annoys Chanyeol because he feels slightly left out, especially when the runt's not there with them. The dynamic's off.

"What the hell are you two looking at?" Chanyeol demands to know. He doesn't sound threatening. Instead, he sounds curious (with a little of an edge).

"A gift for Little Boss," Jongin answers, eyes focused on the screen. "His friend said that there's going to be a party for him. Like, uh, a college thing."

Chanyeol's jaw slacks.

Even the idiots know about it?

He scoffs in disbelief. It's like the runt told everyone except him. Or, at least, they fucking found out about it before he ever did.

And that pisses him off.

"How do you know about that?" Chanyeol asks. "The college thing."

"Um, his friend told us...?" When Sehun looks up, he can see that the gangster doesn't look too happy. "He gave us the invite the other day. We weren't interested until he said that he invited Baekhyun's hot friends, too."

While Sehun goes off on a tangent about girls and how hot they are, Chanyeol begins to wonder what gift he should get... Hell, he didn't even know he had to get a gift, but then again, that did make sense. It's a party. Fucking duh.

Shit.

Chanyeol puts his lunch box away and hands it over to Jongin's hands. "Take care of this."

"Uh--"

Without saying another word, Chanyeol gets up and heads to the staircase. He wants to be alone.

- - - - - - - - - - -

He's skipping class.

The gangster hasn't skipped a class since... Fuck, he doesn't remember. Ever since Baekhyun wouldn't stop talking about how important school is and blah fucking blah, Chanyeol hasn't missed a damn lecture.

But fuck all of this, honestly.

He hates feeling like he's the only one being left in the dark. And for what? There's no fucking reason, especially considering how he should be the first one to know.

That stupid runt is literally his boyfriend--They're dating. So why is he always last?

Chanyeol makes a quick stop at his locker to grab his motorbike helmet. He hasn't taken the motorbike to school in a while since Baekhyun likes to be walked home and it gives them time to just be together even longer--Goddamn it.

He slams the locker shut.

It's so fucking annoying realizing how much his world actually revolves around the runt now— an annoying little runt who's leaving.

As he strides down the empty main hallway with his helmet in hand, he bumps into the very person who began the start of all his problems.

"Jinah?"

His ex-girlfriend looks genuinely surprised when she looks up from her phone and stops right in front of him. "Oh. It's you."

"What're you doing here?"