Chances

Summary: Chanyeol makes his decision and Baekhyun snaps.

- - - - -

"Jon, can you give us a second?"

"But are you are okay?"

Chanyeol really doesn't like this guy. "Tell him to leave."

"I'm trying," Baekhyun says to him before looking back at Jon. "I'm fine— just go back downstairs. I'll talk to you later or something."

The only word that Chanyeol recognized was 'talk'.... Talk about what? To who?

Goddamn limited understanding of language—Fuck.

"You know what? Never mind. Where's my phone?" Ignoring Jon, Chanyeol turns around and walks back to his bag. He didn't have the phone when he went on his walk and it wasn't downstairs. So it must be in the room somewhere.

"I know I don't have the right to say much, but if he's making you—"

Baekhyun interrupts him. "Jon, can you stop assuming things? Chanyeol's not like that."  Hearing Chanyeol curse behind him, the brunet looks back. "It's in the side of your bag."

Chanyeol pauses for a second before sticking his hand on the outside of his bag. Sure enough, it's there. He doesn't question how the runt even knew that. The gangster just gets up and heads out the door, which Jon's blocking.

Fucking hell.

"Tell him to move."

"Where are you going? " Baekhyun purses his lips together. "Yeollie—"

Getting the hint, Jon steps aside. As Chanyeol moves past him, he catches the guy giving him that look.

That stupid, annoying, judgmental type of look.

Fuck.

Chanyeol doesn't know what annoys him the fuck more. The fact that he's angry to the point where he just wants to be alone or else... FUCK.

He never breaks down but this shit might just do it.

- - - - - - -

Chanyeol leaves. Just like that.

It leaves Baekhyun feeling hurt, but he knows that the latter probably doesn't mean to make him feel that way. He's probably just reacting to everything and...

Fudge.

There's something about the way Chanyeol's acting that feels really bad, like it's just not... going right.

They had argued before. And Chanyeol has walked out a few times, too...

But it never felt this permanent.

Or felt like it was heading toward somewhere permanent.

"Baekhyun."

Jon snaps him out of it, but it triggers something. The need to go after the gangster... hits him like a wave, but Jon steps in front of him, blocking the door.