C U SOON

Summary: Baekhyun knows Chanyeol's lying.

- - - - - -

Baekhyun drafts a letter on his macbook right before his second to last final, but it's not a serious letter... It's more like the first draft of an emotional this-is-how-I-feel type of sit down talk...

Maybe it has a sprinkle of I-wish-you-would-stop-assuming-that-I-know-you-miss-me-just-because-you-said-it-last-month but not too much or else it might come off as passive— and he's not going to be passive because that's not right. If he has a problem with something, then he'll just say it.

He had issues saying his feelings about the relationship before because he was worried it would start a fight, but then he realized that they only really fight when he bottles everything up and explodes all at once.

And it's not even really a fight. It's just him venting and Chanyeol trying to be realistic about things—but then that makes everything worse because Baekhyun doesn't want realistic. He just wants to feel like Chanyeol cares about the relationship as much as he does.

Chanyeol probably does care a lot, but it's not translating well. At least, not in the past few months. Gradually, it feels like it got even worse when he started picking up more hours but Baekhyun can't blame him for that since Chanyeol really found his passion working with cars and motorcycles.

It's just hard.

He thought about deleting the part where it says he's not happy, but he ultimately just leaves it in since that's what drafts are for and maybe he'll revise it later.

When the doors to the lecture hall opens and the previous class begins to flood out, Baekhyun shuts the laptop and puts it in his backpack.

- - - - - -

Chanyeol really doesn't know what to fucking pack for California weather...

What the hell is California weather anyways?

It's cold as fuck in Seoul— like, does it even snow there? He tried to research it but whatever.

Jinah says summer clothes in Seoul are winter clothes in California, so Chanyeol just takes her word for it since her dad owns real estate over there and she helped convince Junmyeon to let Chanyeol use one of his three private jets for the surprise visit.

He probably could've called Minseok but he was off in Italy, probably on some yacht doing a tech cleanse and Junmyeon wasn't going to let help at all if Jinah didn't bother him about it. Anything for his cousin, after all.

Aside from that, Junmyeon also helped with getting him some time off for the next week and a half on short notice. It really does pay off to be a rich and loyal customer sometimes.

Sighing, Chanyeol finishes packing his basic essentials. Whatever it's like in California, it's probably nothing jeans and some hoodies can't handle. He really doesn't have much since the trip is last minute and if he wants to be there when Baekhyun returns to his parents' home after finals, then he has to leave within the next day.

Reaching over, he starts zipping up the black duffle bag but stops midway he realizes that he forgot Baekhyun's Christmas gift.

Leaning across his bed, he pulls out the top drawer of his bedside table. Taking out the white ring box, Chanyeol checks to see if the platinum band is still inside before snapping it shut and hides it at the very bottom of his bag.

With everything good to go, he zips up the bag and puts it down on the floor next to a small suitcase.

- - - - - -