re: Summer Bummer

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun flips the table.

- - - - - - -

[ present ; 2013 ]

Baekhyun doesn't move out of the way. He stays in place, glaring.

Upset. Hurt.

But still reserved (only because there're people in the house and he doesn't want to make a scene).

At the same time, Chanyeol doesn't want to be there either, so he makes the first move. He puts a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and shoves him out of the way— easily.

However, Baekhyun's persistence stays the same. As soon as he's out of the way, he spins back around and grabs hold of the gangster's jacket, pulling him back.

"If you really don't want to be here— then why come back in the first place, huh? Unless you wanted something else."

Chanyeol pivots and pushes the latter's hand away. "Just wanted to see an old friend, runt. Nothing more, nothing less."

"So now I'm just an 'old friend'." Baekhyun frowns. "You didn't even call me."

"Thought you'd end smart enough to get the hint."

"If you didn't call or text me anything, then it's not a real break up."

"It's a break up when I say it is," Chanyeol says harshly.

But Baekhyun's not fazed. "You didn't even say anything, stupid!"

"Because you're too dumb to get the fucking hint!

Angrily, Baekhyun lets go of him. "You're not being a good boyfriend," he says.

"I don't have to worry about being a good boyfriend when I'm not--"

"Do you even know how sad I've been? All this time, I thought it was my fault because you didn't have fun during the holidays with me. Maybe it was about Jon or something, but how am I supposed to know? You just— disappeared! POOF!" Baekhyun flails his arms around. "Like some kind of fever dream!"

Chanyeol realizes that Baekhyun's not going to fucking move so he takes a step back, making space. Then, he puts his hands in his pockets. "I've dated a lot of other people before you, Byun. It's just how I end things. Move on."

Baekhyun shoves a finger against the giant's chest. It's small, but it still kind of hurts. "And suddenly, I'm like all those other people?"

"That's the thing--you weren't."

"Then why are you treating me like I was?"

Changing the subject, Chanyeol rolls his eyes, looking up at the sky. "Are you going to step aside or do I have to walk through the fucking garden to find another way to the front of the damn house?"

"You haven't apologized yet."

"And what's an apology going to do?"

Pursing his lips, Baekhyun takes in a deep breath. "If you apologize, I'll forgive you," he says. "Then we can be tent buddies next weekend because we're all going camping and I want to share a tent--"

"I don't talk to you for six fucking months and you're ready to forget all of that if I apologize?" Chanyeol's appalled--and disappointed in Baekhyun. "Do you have any standards, runt?"

"Yeah-- you. Nothing more, nothing less, right?"

Chanyeol looks at him. "What's your overall grade point average?"