Wynter's Circle

Copyright © 2012 MarcyN

Prologue

Wynter sat in the back of the cab her fingers gliding quickly over the screen of her cell phone. She had posted a picture of herself at the airport exiting the plane. Her lips fresh moistise with her favorite lip gloss as she pouted and snapped her picture. She had gotten forty responding comments in less than ten minutes from followers and friends. The only comments she paid any attention to were those from her BFF Ava . She was the one and only person who knew her secret. A secret that she would rather not keep because she hated lying to her parents and her brother when they asked her if she was seeing someone. She wanted the world to know how much she loved this man she wanted her family to know. She hated keeping them in the dark but their relationship was complicated. He was a rookie and she was one of the veterans little sister. A no among the team members. She even remembered Jace telling him to stay away from her. Her brother Jace had taken Tonio under his wing he had even brought him home to meet his family. That's how they had hooked up during a family cookout. They had talked and one thing led to another and they ended up kissing and then fucking at that very cookout in her bathroom. And they both knew if Jace found out he would flip. Tonio wanted to keep things under wraps until the end of the season. She had agreed only because she found it kind of fun and exciting that she dressed in incognito wearing wigs, big hats and dark glasses so that no one would recognize her as Jace Layton's the star running back for the Philadelphia Dragon's little sister. To those who lived in Tonio's building she was the girlfriend who visited two or three times a month . Mutually agreed upon trips of course. This trip here had been a decision she made at the spur of a moment. Since she was off work for a couple of days she had decided she wanted to see Tonio. So she hopped on a flight to Philadelphia and prayed that the unexpected visit didn't backfire on her. If the rain was any indication about what the rest of the day would be like she might definitely be in for trouble. She was already soggy wet. Her hat's brim was hanging like a wet mop and the ends of her wig were frizzy. It was raining so hard to she could barely make out anything on the other side of the window the view of the city streets were obscure. Sitting back she clutched her stomach trying to ignore the uneasy feeling she started having since stepping off the plane. Glance up from her phone she noticed the driver peering back through the rear view mirror smiling at her. The weirdo gave her the creeps. He was singing along with Bob Marley has Could You Be Loved poured loudly out of speakers into the cab. His colorful hat sitting high on his head moving in rhythm with the song the same as the small Jamaican flag that swung back and forth on the dash board. If it had been a different time the whole scene would have been funny but right now she was having second thoughts about this trip and wondering how Tonio would respond to her unannounced visit. Licking her dry lips she took a deep breath. Maybe she should tell the driver to turn around and take her back to the airport. Sending Ava a message voicing her thoughts she sat back waiting for her response. The phone alerted her to Ava's response with a chip. 'Girl you better keep your ass in Philly and go see your man.' She looked down at the instant message and laughed. Shit who was she fooling? She was addicted. There was no turning back. She wanted to be with him every waking moment she was officially whipped. She wanted everyone to know she wanted everyone to know about their relationship. No more secrets. No more lies. She wanted their relationship out in the open. He was her friend, her lover her heart. She woke up thinking about him and fell to sleep the same way. The Dragons had just won 27-20 against the Gators he had nailed three touchdowns one he ran in himself. So he should be in an exceptionally good mood. Yet she still had this inkling feeling that this might not be a good idea. This relationship was now going into its fourth month. Thanks to her brother who had brought him home to a family cookout one weekend. It had been lust at first sight between them. What started out as late night phone calls and constant text messages was now a secret relationship. She usually either flew or drove up from Virginia since her schedule was more flexible at the moment she had just finished her first year of law school. He was on team time until the end of the season. At the end of the season they had decided they would go public. So for right now no one knew about their relationship not even her brother. Placing her hat and glasses on, as the cab pulled up to her destination she paid the driver than he opened the door smiling as she stepped out heading toward the newly renovated building that had once been a ice cream factory but now housed luxury lofts. As she approached the entrance Wynter was greeted by a tall thin man dressed in a dark blue suit with a red tie he held the door. "Hello Ms. Layton"