𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

"SO YOU'RE SAYING that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena Gilbert, the most recent doppleganger, paled as she listened to Rose

"Yes—" Rose cocked her head to the side, a serious but amused look painted on her face.

"—No," Stefan spoke at the same time, quickly trying to ease his girlfriend's trepidation. He placed a warm hand on Elena's shoulder and rubbed it soothingly. Almost on reflex, she leaned into his touch. Wordless love transpired between the two, which made the other Salvatore sniff in disgust.

Damon said, "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is," Rose supplied immediately.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not," She retorted.

Damon clapped his hands together. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist," Stefan smiled small.

From the couch, Rose shrugged, "Not that you know of."

"That's not helping," Damon sang, speeding to the island and pouring himself a drink.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story," Stefan refuted, crossing his arms with a thoughtful look.

"Oh he's real and he doesn't give up," Rose insisted, pointing at Stefan to reiterate her poin. "If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Then what's up with BonBon's vision of not one but two evil entities? Does Klaus have a sidekick we don't know about?" Damon piped up, noisily slurping up his bourbon.

"BonBon? Vision?" Rose inquired.

"Bonnie had a dream that she was walking in a cemetry. She saw two headstones. One said Klaus. The other had no inscription, but had blue roses blooming on it. Both were dripping blood and all around them laid mutilated bodies with no heads." Elena tried to explain quickly, but Rose froze as she listened to the recounting.

"Like I've said before, I don't know much..." The female vampire mumbled, crossing her legs and evading the trio's demanding stares.

Elena narrowed her eyes as she observed the vampire. "What aren't you telling us, Rose?"

"Yeah, Rosebud," Damon sneered. "What are you hiding?"

The female vampire finally stopped moving and instead stared at the inhabitants of the Salvatore living room one by one. She seemed to be on the verge of divulging, a strange hesitance coating her porcelaine features.

"There was only ever one person who could stop Klaus when he was on rampages. I — I've never laid eyes on her, but Trevor had." Tears sprung to her eyes as she thought about her dead friend. With a short shake of her head, she carried on. "She was sort of a legend herself. She was a human that had managed to capture the interest of the biggest, baddest vampire. Trevor told me she always wore blue, and her favorite flowers were blue roses."

Impatient, Stefan ground out, "And?"

"She was Klaus Mikaelson's wife, until she drowned in 1482. With her body, Klaus' humanity fell deep into the ocean and never resurfaced to see the light of day ever again." Rose paused and gathered herself.

Damon whistled lowly, "Damn."

"From then, the stories of the savage original were no longer tales, but stories shaped by the dead wife's hand," Rose did not blink as she stared at Elena.

"And he's coming for you."

———— Δ ————

edited

💫 wow. I just don't know when to stop do I? Welp, here's another fanfic I guess. It might have slow updates, but I'll try my best!

Welcome to Siren!