XVIII - 𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔯 & 𝔞 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔭𝔱.1

SHE SLEPT PEACEFULLY

Klaus suddenly realized as he stopped by on his seventh round to check up on his moon and stars. She was always never endingly beautiful, but there was something so intimate about her being free of worry and asleep that made his heart triple in speed.

He almost face palmed. Klaus Mikaelson was not one for dramatic expressions of love, or love in general. He hadn't been that man for a very long time.

Suddenly, Lilura stirred and the single word she whispered made his skin blossom into shades of pink and red.

"Klaus," She whispered.

A slow laugh rumbled in the Original Hybrid's chest.

She was dreaming of him! The stubborn brat was actually dreaming of him. He made a mental note to tease her about it later as he sat down beside Lilura.

The wounds scattered on her body were gradually healing, though they could have gone faster if Klaus had any say in it.

The slow process could be attributed to the fact that Lilura was on her time of the month, as Klaus nicknamed it fondly.

It wasn't her period. Although that was intimidating as well, the spell the Bennet witch had casted on the enchantress was to blame for her condition now. 

Or is it?

Her transformation on the night of the ritual was much too gory for a simple Bennet witch spell. The sort of magic that forced her skin to turn into green scales and created that much pain looked like the craftsmanship of- 

Klaus didn't let himself finish the thought. It was impossible. 

"Nik," She sighed, clawing at the air. "Don't leave me."

Her beautiful face scrunched in pain as if in her head Klaus had the idiotic idea to do just that — leave her.

The blond Original sighed, leaning down on the vacant pillow on her right.

He brushed a strand of black hair away, "I would never dream of leaving you."

Klaus laid his head down and closed his eyes with a small smile when he felt Lilura unconsciously snuggle into his side. "We're in this together, right? Always and forever."

———— Δ ————

Lilura woke up with a bloody headache.